Gibson Brands Forums

A Goofy Dream

hfdoll

I just woke up out of a freaky dream (I am getting ready for work). I dreamed I opened the case and proceeded to pull my cherry sunburst Lester out, and the peghead just disintegrated. Not completely, but in wood chunks. not even taking the case with me, I drove to the guitar store I guess it was purchased from. The store was huge, and had two floors. It was difficult to locate the Gibson room (why I wanted to go there first was beyond me). I managed to go up to a "maintenance" desk (was carrying this LP with one hand and the shattered peghead in the other). The guy took the items off of me and said "R8!" He gave me a ticket and called another rep to assist. I followed this knucklehead through a maze of sections with other guitars, and did not find one blessed familiar Gibson sign. Then this woman sidled up next to the rep, and he started talking to her about some products they had in the store. They started to slow down their pace. Impatient, and with that ticket in my hand I started ahead looking for the Gibson room. I saw it up on the second level, but I could not find a way to get up there. I went looking for stairs, when I woke up.

This seems to be a very existential dream. Maybe the guitar represents your life, and the broken peg was a part of your life that you aren't comfortable with. You went on a quest to find this peg, that maybe, just maybe, would make your nearly perfect life become whole.

The fact that the Gibson room was up, and you had trouble finding the stairs, symbolizes that you must first do something worthy to attain such heights . . .

Or, it could be that you ate too many hotwings before going to bed.

I feel I may have given this all way too much thought.

Archived