Gibson Brands Forums: Free Stanton SCS.4DJ to Virtual DJ mapper(free mapping file by MTRX - Gibson Brands Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Free Stanton SCS.4DJ to Virtual DJ mapper(free mapping file by MTRX free Virtual DJ mapping file for Stanton SCS.4DJ by MTRX

#1 User is offline   MTRX2010 

• Group: Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:19 PM

So, here's my contribution to the community.
There has been a lot of demand for this file. I was inspired to create this file for 2REASONS. one is extremely lengthy. one is extremely simple.

Prologue:
1) I bought the SCS.4DJ, and was a bit disatisfied with it. You can find most of my reasons if you read the forum thread for the new beta release, and beatgrid software.
Since scs.4dj still has a lot of ground to cover in the basics, and even after 2YEARS of development they haven't all been covered yet, I almost sold my SCS.4DJ.
The built in software left a lot to be desired, and i was at ends with it, and frustrated to the point, I quit using it all together. I said, "well at least i got a $$500 paper weight, but maybe it'll still serve as an uber expensive controller(half a grand for this this thing). 8(
I use Virtual DJ, and come to find out their mapping file left a lot to be desired as well. So i wrote one.

2) There's a high demand for this file. While you might say, "you can download it for free." That's not entirely true. As most of you know, Virtual DJ LE ships with just about everything these days. So if you've ever bought a device for DJ'ing, you probably do, or might have a copy sitting around. For those of you who use Virtual DJ LE, you probably know that atomics will NOT give you a free copy of their mapper file. They want you to upgrade for $$100's of dollars to get the pro version just to download the mapper. SAY WHAT!?!? Yeah, that's right. Most of us will no way in hell pay $$100's to upgrade our LE's to PRO just to get the mapper file, so we can keep using or SCS.4DJ's. That's just plain robbery, it's unfair, and extremely dishonest. Seeing what they do to their customers has given me a strong dislike for those guys. Not only is their software overpriced, but they seek to scroo those of us who could only afford LE, or got Virtual DJ already installed on our computer at the time of purchase. You see this all the time in pawnshops, and electronic stores. buy a laptop for audio, and you might wind up with a copy of PRO. But just because you bought the machine for $$100's, doesn't mean atomics is gonna let you in on their downloads. They will find every maneuver to rip anyone off, and sap the most they possibly can out of all their customers, LE and PRO's alike.

since there's such a high demand for this file, as not everybody knows how to map their hardware to their software, i've met that demand. For free.
this is not warez, this is not a remake of atomics' version of the mapper. This is 100% home grown, open source xml written from scratch. -And it's 100% free.
Before you blow up the forum with questions, read this entire post first, before you ask questions, i've tried to cover everything you need to know in order to get this mapper working for virtual DJ. WARNING, INSTALLING MY MAPPER WILL OVERWRITE YOUR CURRENT MIDI MAPPER SETTINGS, you will need to go back, and set them up all over again. you've been warned.

How to install:

navigate to your mappers directory. This often in your c:\program files\VirtualDJ\Addons\
or wherever the root folder of your VDJ is installed or
depending on some configurations C:\Users\<user name>\Documents\VirtualDJ\Mappers

i like to have my programs consolidated, so i went into my registry and moved all my folders into the addons folder in my vdj install folder.

copy the Generic MIDI mapping.xml file to your mappers directory and overwrite the existing one.
or
open your Generic MIDI mapping.xml delete everything inside, and replace it with my xml code.

Instuctions on how to use:

This mapper is designed for VDJ 2DECK skin only!!!!
Since the SCS.4DJ and the 2DECK skin do not match, i had to make some changes.

The "Touch" button now equals the pause button. Since VDJ has a magic pause button, and stanton....has a half play half pause mutant abomination button.
The "Scratch" button now equals the keylock button on VDJ. -Because we all love keylock.
The "Filter" button now equals the brake effect on VDJ. There wasn't much I could do about the filter situation since it's not an effect plugin.
The "Slice" button now equals the beatgrid effect on VDJ. VDJ don't have the same kind of slice, so i went with the beat grid.

How to browse:
The jogwheel in the middle moves focus up and down and through various elements in the VDJ browser, up down, etc....
The Enter button will load your highlighted track unto deck 2, unless you're focused on folders then it opens the folder you got highlighted.(yes!!!!)
The Back button will load your highlighted track unto deck 1.
The Rec button will switch focus between folders, and the songs window.
IF YOU FIND THAT USING YOUR JOG WHEEL RIGHT AWAY DOESN'T WORK PRESS REC TO SWITCH OVER TO FOLDERS, so you can scroll through folders first, then go about loading your tracks.

For example: If i use the jogwheel and scroll down to desktop, i press enter to open it up. Then i scroll down to my mp3 folder on my desktop, and press enter to open it up(somtimes you gotta press it twice if it don't open the first time.) Then i press Rec to switch to the songs window, scroll down to the song i want, and press enter again if i want to load it up on deck 2, or press back to load it up on deck 1.
This is about as good as it's gonna get for browsing and loading decks. The scripting language is very limited, and we have run out of buttons. -But with this configuration you can browse anywhere between folders, and songs, without ever touching the computer. -And i wanted that to be possible via the jogwheel. Using the Rec button was a necessary evil, because there's no other way to change focus between windows in VDJ, opening a folder does not change focus automatically, and if it did you would get stuck in there if you were just looking, and not really wanting to go in there. Also note that i don't use the playlist window, the sidelist window, or the album art cover windows, so i didn't map the Rec to cycle through all the windows, because I was having to click on it all day to cycle through windows to get back to where i wanted to be.

The headphone buttons under the jogwheel, above the REC button, are your pfl. press the left one to go to the left deck, press the right one to go to your right deck.

unfortunately not all the knobs on the SCS.4DJ are mappable(analog only), so i couldn't map the button knobs by your headphone jack.
However....
The knob labled MIX is now your master volume on VDJ. luckily one of them was actually digital.

The platters:
The platters were a challange, but I did some things that needs explaining. When you open VDJ go to your config > options.
Set jog mode to vinyl, or you won't be scratching.
Set jog sensitivy(scratch) to about 500%. why so high?? because in VDJ the script would let me move the platter at what ever increment i wanted. i chose 0.001 instead of just one, because i figured that possibly using a tiny floating point would enhance the precision of my scratch. when i did it it made my platter very slow, so i compensated by turning jog sensitivity(scratch), to about 500% if you set it to 1000% it will be exactly as if i had set it to 0.01 and the sensitivity was set to 100%. when i used 0.1 and had sensitivity set to 100% it was insane. retarded even, the platter was just tearing through the track at incredible speeds. DO NOT FORGET TO ADJUST JOG WHEEL SENSITIVITY!!!!
You may taylor jog sensitivity to suit your personal needs.
oh and i use 45RPM, so if you set it lower, the numbers i gave you will be different, but it won't ruin it, just compensate with jog wheel(sensitivity).

That's about it. I tried to make the stanton match the virtualDJ as best i could without to much loss, but again, the skins don't match. Perhaps in the future I will design the Stanton SCS.4DJ skin for Virtual DJ, and make it so it's an appropriate match, but at least you'll have the power of a real file browser when you use Virtual DJ.

Epilogue:

I started writing this yesterday, and didn't finish until the this afternoon.
As always, someone's gonna have trouble with it, so i'll try and respond to any replies if you're having problems making it work, but if you read this thoroughly you should be able to do it on your own. I do not work for stanton or atomics, so if you don't like my mapper, take a hike. it's free.
before you bombard me with, "should have's" just remember this is designed to match the 2DECK vdj skin. nothing more.
if you don't like something this open source, so you can edit it all you want. if you redistribute it i just ask you gimme my props for pulling it off when nobody else would. ;)

The attachment button failed on me twice. blame stanton. So use the links instead until I find out why I can't upload a zip file containing a .xml file.

Downloads:

New mirror: http://www72.zippysh...03111/file.html
New mirror 2: http://www.sendspace.com/file/9g1our
New mirror: http://www.datafilehost.com/d/3334fb70

Quick Update:
If you're like me and never update then this should work on 7.0 and below.
it appears to me after an update to 7.2 and 7.3, -they already have stanton support built in. I don't like the built in one, it's the same
as the one you have to download from the website(good luck if you got an LE serial). I'll be doing a rewrite over the next few days for 7.x users. This shouldn't
effect LE users, since atomics thinks LE users don't deserve !@#$. Just need to figure out how to export a mapper for
the new built in support. my laptop got updated, gonna have to have a talk with them about downgrading if it gets to be a
pain in the a$$. it ain't broke don't fix it. 8P bah i'm a programmer, like i ever listened to that. Which btw, the code is very
slow for the built support, so i'll try and get a fast simple effecient XML to you ASAP for 7.x. -And as always let me know if the links are down, so i keep updating them. Heck you can leave me a note if you just wanna let me know it worked for you. ;)

long live open source.

http://www.soundclou...10/double-o-one

#2 User is offline   MTRX2010 

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:11 PM

i guess i should post this in troubleshooting, huh?? LOL. 8P

#3 User is offline   alessiogennaro 

Posted 25 December 2013 - 04:53 PM

Thank you so much for your work!!!

#4 User is offline   supermel311 

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:11 PM

View PostMTRX2010, on 18 December 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

;)mirror link: http://www.filedropp...ericmidimapping
mirror link 2: http://www.filedropp...icmidimapping_1
mirror link: http://wikisend.com/...oad/508526/MTRX - Stanton SCS.4DJ to Virtual DJ - mapper(free mapping file) - Generic MIDI mapping.zip
none of these links are working now.

#5 User is offline   MTRX2010 

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:35 PM

Thanks for pointing that out. Please keep me posting if a download fails.

http://www72.zippysh...03111/file.html
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/3334fb70

View Postsupermel311, on 26 December 2013 - 10:11 PM, said:

#6 User is offline   MTRX2010 

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:37 PM

Thanks for pointing that out. dunno why i didn't see this any sooner. 8(

View Postsupermel311, on 26 December 2013 - 10:11 PM, said:

#7 User is offline   tsigoulas 

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:03 PM

Thats great, thank you so much MTRX2010!

#8 User is offline   Ettore 

• Group: All Access

Posted 11 October 2018 - 01:18 PM

View PostMTRX2010, on 28 December 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:

Thanks for pointing that out. Please keep me posting if a download fails.

http://www72.zippysh...03111/file.html
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/3334fb70

Hi, i cannot find .xml file...thanks

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users