Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson LP 54 Historic Reissue Dating

copernic304

Hi,

I would like a little help dating a 54 LP Reissue. The serial is quite weird for this model (7 6206). It has the usual Staple/P90 pickups, and a Historic Collection logo at the back of the headstock, as well as every other attribute of the 54 Black Beauty Reissue.

How could I know the year it was made given that the serial seems to be off ? Is there any database at Gibson ?

Hi,

I would like a little help dating a 54 LP Reissue. The serial is quite weird for this model (7 6206). It has the usual Staple/P90 pickups, and a Historic Collection logo at the back of the headstock, as well as every other attribute of the 54 Black Beauty Reissue.

How could I know the year it was made given that the serial seems to be off ? Is there any database at Gibson ?

You can call Gibson customer service and they can look it up in the database but there is no on-line database to help. They may want you to send photos to help identify it.

Maybe post some photos here and someone might be able to help. Seems like it might be a 1996-1997? Without photos it is heard to tell what you have.

Archived