Gibson Brands Forums

New formula 3 D'Addario guitar strings

crust

The pickups in that are "Duncan Designed". I really don't know what that means electronically. I understand S.D. designed them, but what is different about them, from other pickups, I don't know. They sound good on that Squier [biggrin].

I'm going tho leave the strings on the gold guitar until they break. I wonder if they will last 30% longer.

I got a set of the new D'Addario strings as well - I think I just registered online (maybe I got an email?) and they sent them to me - no "qualifying process" to speak of. I haven't put them on a guitar yet...but the packaging is nice [rolleyes] FWIW I'm going to put them on a Squier Jazzmaster (with Duncan Designed pups).

"They are amazing strings. They are the only string I will pay retail price for"

Seriously? They're like $4 or $5 a set, and like $3 and change if you buy a box of 10 sets...

hah, that was a kick crust. interesting youtube screen name ya have there too eh.

i like the color of your strat, i have mine with sd pickups too, love em, which ones are you cranking?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gFcK06PloU

There's some kind of funky distortion/modulation sound (only listened up to :46 sec) on the single note stuff that sounds terrible imo (no offense meant, just being honest...) - I hope it's not the strings sound and just an effect you were going for. Sorry, I don't have the time for the whole 17:00 min. of video - hopefully you've got some nice clean demo stuff in there too...

• 1 month later...

Archived