Gibson Brands Forums

New Years Resolutions

SteveFord

Does anyone still make them and attempt to keep them?

I know what mine are and they should be pretty easy to keep.

Don't screw up and make sure to buy all of the Zappa releases on vinyl when they come out

Buy two guitars (that will be a tough one but one is a done deal)

Do not get bored and stop playing the guitar (that will take dedication)

Take my wife out to see more live music (perhaps 3-4 concerts this year)

Spend more time with my wife (please, no more cooking shows, I'm beggin' ya...)

Enjoy what I have instead of driving myself crazy over something I don't have, probably don't really need and can't afford.

Anybody else?

Does anyone still make them and attempt to keep them?

I know what mine are and they should be pretty easy to keep.

Don't screw up and make sure to buy all of the Zappa releases on vinyl when they come out

Buy two guitars (that will be a tough one but one is a done deal)

Do not get bored and stop playing the guitar (that will take dedication)

Take my wife out to see more live music (perhaps 3-4 concerts this year)

Spend more time with my wife (please, no more cooking shows, I'm beggin' ya...)

Enjoy what I have instead of driving myself crazy over something I don't have, probably don't really need and can't afford.

Anybody else?

I agree with surf that last one is a good one.

Yes I make some that are more evaluations on the past year & what I need to improve/change in my life. Don't have them written yet as a GOAL so they are just DREAMS at the moment. But along these lines:

Less stress & more simple "smell'n the roses" time (don't have to cost a nickle to do

Lower my work time hours in general and allow staff to do their jobs completely (not me finish it for them)

Get out on 2 camping Bike trips ( 1 bigger 2 wks & 1 3-4 day). The Harley's need exercise this year as they are getting fat.

Have more time in our yard/home and doing some projects that I would like done by my hands.

Stuff like that there is on my short list. I want to get all my paper mess cleaned up with old records for the businesses & personal (ya never know what life can deal ya and don't want my wife to have to wade thru that for sure)!

Happy New Year to all of you! \:D/

First resolution, try to enjoy life and leave behind the past and all the things on which I don't have control.

Second one, still improve my playing and pray to be able to continue singing because I have throat problems

Third one, see more my friends and family this year then last one

Agree totally. Steve, your last one is the best one, way to go. [thumbup]

As for healthy nutrition, Karloff - I should lose some weight. Perhaps I also better give up smoking... :rolleyes:

Stop smoking and lose weight? That's hard. I put on 20 pounds at least when I quit smoking. I did lose the weight after my divorce. Stopped eating out so much and down-sized my portions (20 years after quitting the cigarets).

Don't believe in 'em as such.

Don't wanna quit smoking because I really enjoy my little cigars - and I'm still enough ornery that the anti-tobacco people who tend also to be promoting mary jane smoking just bug the socks off me and it's too cold for that where I live.

Yeah, still a loose cannon 50 years after I'm s'posed to be. <grin> As I've called myself before, "traditionalist iconoclast."

When I croak - which is of course inevitable at any age - folks will say as my little brother suggested, "He had a good ride."

m

make sure to buy all of the Zappa releases on vinyl when they come out

Lol,, well while your last one is a noble one I do like your first one best,,, lol

I made sure I did that back when there was plenty of vinyl around and am happy to report that I

at one point in my lifetime did own every Zappa album available on vinyl.

I believe I had 57 titles.

Then I was burglared and lost about half of them.

I'm sure the f^ck3rs don't even know what they had and half ended up as frisbee's.

Anyway.. I may have said this last year but will say it again this year.

The only, and last resolution I ever kept was probably 20 some years ago when I said I would never make anymore

resolutions.

How I wish I could keep to that! Ok, so I will borrow that one and make it mine.

I am forever wanting this or that (especially fancy guitars) and it doesn't help when we discuss the $13000 "Collector's Choice" Les Paul when Pippy comes on and tells us all that they are "Fantastic" guitars to play!

Archived