Gibson Brands Forums

Transcale Strings

RobC

Hi All,

Firstly thanks to Mods for validating my request to join............

I am now an owner of a fine synapse Transcale Baritone, but.... Where on earth can you get the double ball strings for these longer neck models?

I am located in The UK,but cannot seem to find them anyhwere on the web at all!

Anybody got any ideas please, I dont really want to put single ball end strings on at this stage......

Kindest

Rob

Where on earth can you get the double ball strings for these longer neck models?

I am located in The UK…

Hi Rob,

here you go: Thomann UK

Always a good idea to get some extra sets, while they are in stock. Availability changes constantly.

Bernd

Hi Rob,

Always a good idea to get some extra sets, while they are in stock. Availability changes constantly.

Bernd

Hi Bernd,

Thanks ever so much,as you say best get a few sets whilst one can, you reply is appreciated..

Rob

Hi Rob,

Bernd

What a waste of time they were,three sets turned up, they sent the wrong ones, bottom three string diameters were wrong ,the website has them marked wrongly,now I have been given a returns label ,my petrol to go to the parcelforce depot,and wait another 6 days!!,never known a company who has been proven wrong not to send out replacements and collect the returns on delivery!!

This is the trouble with distance selling,if it was my mistake,I would not have said anything............

I've now got the hump!!

• 2 months later...

Rob,

I just joined this forum and I see your post is from a little while ago so not sure if you are still looking for strings. I have 5 sets of Steinberger Transcale Baritone Standard (.012, 0.16, 0.26w, 0.38w, 0.52w, 0.68w) strings. Bit of a long story- I bought a Spirit, and then ordered several sets to have on hand from a music store. They took forever to arrive and I didn't go to restring the guitar until a while later, and then found that they were the wrong size for my Spirit, which has a shorter neck.

If you're still hunting for these, you can have the 5 sets for $25 plus shipping. I am located in the US in the Philadelphia area, would take payment over PayPal. I have posted these on some other forums, so first come first served.

Let me know- Phil

• 1 year later...

Archived