Gibson Brands Forums

Alt tuning possible w/Min-Etune?

10K-DB

Hi all,,I was just wondering if the min-etune system can be set to alternative tuning? Like open D,,or whatever. Thanks for any info.

Yes, there are 12 preset tunings that you can dial up. For example, E standard, Drop D, DADGAD, E flat, open E, open A, etc.

Really? wow,,thats pretty cool. What about maint? How hard is it to take apart and change out tuning pegs{if needed} not that you would do that,,but just wondering,,there must be a battery in there also.

There is a battery that gets at least 100 tunings per charge. Also, looks pretty easy to remove and replace with regular tuning keys. Each tuning key is an individual unit with its own motor, so you could swap out one bad tuning key if needed. I'm probably going to have to do that for a problem I am having.

There is a battery that gets at least 100 tunings per charge. Also, looks pretty easy to remove and replace with regular tuning keys. Each tuning key is an individual unit with its own motor, so you could swap out one bad tuning key if needed. I'm probably going to have to do that for a problem I am having.

Ok,,the pegs would be fine Im sure,,just trying to learn about the system overall. Whats the prob your having? Just wondering. And,,say if the battery goes out,,can you tune manually? Thanks for the info

I have a thread under this one where I describe my problem with saving a custom C standard tuning. Absolutely can tune manually anytime, regardless of battery. I just changed strings manually with no problem. Only difference is the tension and feel of the tuning keys when tuning manually. It is a little slower and the keys have a weird gear/resistance feel when turning, but it works. I'm impressed with min-etune, I can't lie.

12 preset tunings and 6 programmable. The guitar tunes best when amp is quiet because of the piezo sensors. The tuners are 40:1 ratio and the bass side tuners tunes opposite normal winding (ex:) CCW loosens and CW tightens, the treble side tuners tune normal direction.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived