Gibson Brands Forums

mysterious wine red colours and weight issues

edding

hi,

i've been 15 years waiting for buying a les paul guitar.

Now i'm not sure about which is the most aproppiate.

i play in a band of modern rock with a middle range ibanez.

my first candidate is a lp custom wine red, but i have 2 doubts:

1) the colour doesn't seem to be the same in some cases.

brighter

darker

both guitar are wine red. why the first one are brighter than the second one?

i don't think the reason is becouse the first one is lp custom and the second one is lp supreme, becouse i found a wine red lp custom darker in some sites:

darker _1

don't you notice that the first one is brighter and more goodlooking than the second one?

2) could be the weigth a problem, and is this guitar the "correct one" for my style?

i think that the solid guitar built with one piece has a heavier sound. However, i know some cases of people who have stopped playing this guitar because of the weight (for example, the guitar player of the spanish band called "heroes del silencio" who stopped playing lp custom because both his hand and back were hurt).

I want a heavier sound from the guitar source, but i usually use modern amps with a lot of distortion (marshall,engl and mesaboogie) and a lot of sound processing (delays, and choruses) and a middle range cheap ibanez sounds appropiately with this chain sound.

i dont know if the weight disadvantage makes up for the better sound. (if you can try to boost it with good amps)

so which of these guitars could be the best for me?

-lp custom

-lp standard

-lp classic

-lp classic custom

-lp supreme

i can't try them because i live in a small village in spain without this kind of hi range guitars

Thanks a lot!

Archived