Gibson Brands Forums

Who's got a hangover today? Who's got the Best cure?

daveinspain

I sat in the house and drank exactly 4 beers last night. Not nearly enough for a hangover. This was actually the most dull, uneventfull NYE for me that I can remember. But, I'm glad that I have a home to be bored in. Some others aren't so lucky.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Not me. I was the driver last night so I drank only a couple of beers. If it were up to me, we would have just stayed home last night and relaxed. New Year's Eve is basically "Amateur Night" and I don't need some idiot plowing into me.

Sometime in January' date=' 19 years ago, I had my last drink. I haven't had a hangover since. Happy New Year! :D/ [/quote']

Hahahhah... best cure, don't drink eusa_clap.gif I have never been a big drinker, usually after two drinks I just don't want anymore. I think thats the result of my first episode with alcohol.... I was around 16 years old, my parents went to a New Years party and I was home alone with my big brother. He through a party of his own at our house and someone bought me a pint of Seagram's 7 Whisky. I drank the whole thing and was a mess..... I woke up the next morning on top of my bed and there was a trail of barf and other disgusting things between my room and the bathroom... I still can't even look at a Seagrum's 7 bottle.

If you already have a hangover those recommending moderation aren't really helping much are they? 8034.gif

Your body needs 4 things if you have a hangover....

1 - water

2 - pain relief (4 ibuprofen work for me)

3 - caffeine (helps the pain reliever move through the bloodstream)

4 - alcohol (hair of the dog helps the body adjust slowly to sobriety - try a shot in your coffee)

If you already have a hangover those recommending moderation aren't really helping much are they? 8034.gif

Your body needs 4 things if you have a hangover....

1 - water

2 - pain relief (4 ibuprofen work for me)

3 - caffeine (helps the pain reliever move through the bloodstream)

4 - alcohol (hair of the dog helps the body adjust slowly to sobriety - try a shot in your coffee)

Not so sure about caffeine and alcohol.... Water and pain reliever are a definate +10... I have heard tomato juice is the best thing for a hangover...

Please avoid taking ibuprofen, tylenol, or aspirin while there is still alcohol in your system. There are toxic interactions between them that can damage your liver.

Water is highly advisable, though, because you are deydrated after drinking significantly.

There's one of those old folk remedies that calls for you to make tea with rabbit sh1t. I remember it saying "Continue to brew until hangover is cured or you run out of droppings." Doubt it would work, but I bet the taste would take your mind off the fact that you're hung over.

I heard that getting drunk again is the best cure for a hangover!

Just kidding!!

Nope, no hangover for me (never gotten one before)

Actually drinking plenty of fluids, pain killers, no caffeine, a little food once you're up to it, plenty of rest and some quiet are the best cures as far as i know.

Hangover's are caused by dehydration mostly so wouldn't dying of thirst feel like a mega-hangover?

Anyway, i doubt anyone with a hangover will be on the forums right now!

Btw Happy New Year!

Man, what a bunch of party animals!

I gigged, had to do 5 sets actually, but had to drive home, so kept it down to 6 beers in the first 4 hours, then 2 hours of coke, and the load out.

Stayed sober, then never even saw a cop driving home.

=D>

Murph.

No HO for me this year. Went to a house party' date=' only had 4 beers. My wife was driving too, so no worries.

Oh, and smokin' a nice fatty does wonders for a HO. That's what somebody told me anyway........:D [/quote']

That person LIED TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Whew.......

Murph.

Archived