Gibson Brands Forums

selling a guitar..

Hollywood00724

Hey everybody,

I have a 1972 345 stereo that I want to get to right person for the right price. It is just sitting, collecting dust and I think it would do some one a world of good in the right hands. I want to let it go at a decent price but don't know where to start...

Help please

A

Have you done your research online to get the relevant facts about your ES-345? In other words is it all ORIGINAL for starters? What is the condition of your guitar? You need to post jpegs on this site in order for us to give you more information on how you might proceed. To start we NEED pictures! After that we need to know if the guitar IS original or not............jim in Maine

Have you done your research online to get the relevant facts about your ES-345? In other words is it all ORIGINAL for starters? What is the condition of your guitar? You need to post jpegs on this site in order for us to give you more information on how you might proceed. To start we NEED pictures! After that we need to know if the guitar IS original or not............jim in Maine

Hey Jim! Thank you for getting back to me. Yes it is all original and I will post photos soon. It is in great condition except for some scratches on the back where my uncle played it with a belt buckle. I will post photos soon. What specific photos would I need...What do I need specifically to sell it online.,?

Hey Jim! Thank you for getting back to me. Yes it is all original and I will post photos soon. It is in great condition except for some scratches on the back where my uncle played it with a belt buckle. I will post photos soon. What specific photos would I need...What do I need specifically to sell it online.,?

Just post jpegs of the guitar clearly showing the full front,sides,and back of the guitar. Try if you can to get clear jpegs of the label which is inside the upper f-hole as well as the serial number on the back of the headstock. The primary concern is to determine if the guitar has ever had any parts changed out. Also are you aware if your uncle ever had the guitar finish ever messed with for instance? Are you selling it for your uncle or is the guitar now yours? I would majorly stay away from places such as Guitar Center for instance as places like that WILL try to STEAL that guitar from you as they basically thrive on customers that have no idea on what they may have in the way of an old instrument...........we will try help you on this site, and can't wait to see the jpegs! jim in Maine

Jim

The guitar was my uncles and then was given to me . I've had it checked out all of the parts original , it's in great condition . like I said I'm just looking to sell it because it's doing me no good sitting in my living room . I will post photos here shortly

Thank you

Hi I would love to see your guitar.i have an 81 es335 that I've had since new. My youngest boy is starting to play and he knows when I leave this world he gets that guitar.i think a good gibson is something that should be handed down if possible .luv to see your guitar.if it's something I can afford I would like to talk to you about it.i,m disabled now and my best times I have are playin my favorite guitars.helps keep the mind off the pain. Looking foreword to seeing your guitar.Thank youWaynebikersights@gmail.com

post-62946-013284600 1390887375_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

Archived