Gibson Brands Forums

NGD and New Boss Pedal. :)

Guitar God

Hey, guys, got me a new guitar from eBay last Wednesday and it came in today. [biggrin] I got another Fender 50th Anniversary Stratocaster. This one is the all gold one. Always wanted the gold 50th Anniversary Strat ever since I first saw it back in 2004 when I was 12 and now I finally got one. Absolutely love it. This is my 2nd 50th Anniversary Strat. I've had my white American one since '04. And as far as the new pedal goes, I got a Boss DN-2 Dyna Drive. Got it from Musicians Friend last week and it came in Friday. It's a really great pedal. Really recommend it. You can get some really great tones out of that pedal. Anyway, here's some pics:

hJQ2Vb6.jpg

acOeqf2.jpg

N01UabJ.jpg

50xA3ZN.jpg

ntgPqvL.jpg

LXprCuu.jpg

T2Qu01C.jpg

Here it is with my white 50th Anniversary Stratocaster:

M8T9eaB.jpg

Here's my new Boss DN-2 Dyna Drive:

bVTgq5X.jpg

Congrats, mate - nice axes! [thumbup]

Now I don't feel so lonely anymore due to owning two guitars of the very same model, in my case same colour, too, since they finished them all the same... [biggrin]

When looking at drums and amps pictured, I guess you also are a player like me, not a collector. :)

Couldn't stand using nice guitars just as a wall art as well. Rock on! B)

Congrats, mate - nice axes! [thumbup]

Now I don't feel so lonely anymore due to owning two guitars of the very same model, in my case same colour, too, since they finished them all the same... [biggrin]

When looking at drums and amps pictured, I guess you also are a player like me, not a collector. :)

Couldn't stand using nice guitars just as a wall art as well. Rock on! B)

Thanks, man. The drum set is actually my Dad's set, but I can play drums, too. I'm with you there, man. Guitars are meant to be played. Couldn't bare having a guitar just to use it as wall art.

Both of those 50th Anniversary Strats are drop dead gorgeous! [thumbup]

Thanks, man. I've done some upgrades to my white 50th Anniversary Strat over the years. I've put Lace Holy Grail pickups in it, a cream pearl pickguard and back plate on it, and Fender locking tuners on it. The only other upgrade I'm considering doing to do to my white 50th Anniversary Strat is putting a Bladerunner/Super-Vee tremolo on it.

Congrats on the 50th Anniversary model. I'm sorry I never got the one my rhythm player was selling. He was going through a divorce only wanted $50 (yes fifty) for it. Had I not already had two Strats I'd have bought it.

$50?!?!?! Are you serious? [omg] What color was your rhythm guitarist's 50th Anniversary?

Thanks, man! [biggrin]

Obviously, that pedal is an overdrive of some sort....? What exactly is unique about it?

I have the BOSS Blues Driver and it's pretty much an overdrive pedal that gives a "vintage tube" amp over-drive... I like it a lot. So, I was wondering if the Dyna Drive has a particular function or feature to it.

Obviously, that pedal is an overdrive of some sort....? What exactly is unique about it?

I have the BOSS Blues Driver and it's pretty much an overdrive pedal that gives a "vintage tube" amp over-drive... I like it a lot. So, I was wondering if the Dyna Drive has a particular function or feature to it.

CB

Archived