Gibson Brands Forums

Roller fallen off of Transtrem actuator arm

Dellul

Does anyone know where I can find one of these? Gibson has helped, but should it happen again I'd like to just source it myself quickly. It's a little roller underneath the trem arm that is attached to a bar. Pics of before and after. My trem did not have the washer to keep it in place, and so it kept falling off. I lost it at a gig a month ago.

Before

post-62792-004910500 1390572718_thumb.jpg

After

post-62792-050057900 1390572937_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know where I can find one of these? Gibson has helped, but should it happen again I'd like to just source it myself quickly. It's a little roller underneath the trem arm that is attached to a bar. Pics of before and after. My trem did not have the washer to keep it in place, and so it kept falling off. I lost it at a gig a month ago.

Before

post-62792-004910500 1390572718_thumb.jpg

After

post-62792-050057900 1390572937_thumb.jpg

Woah talk about timing. Not intending to threadjack, but I just picked up a ZT3 and I have a similar issue - though I still have my "roller", it doesn't stay attached at all. I got a few uses out of it before it started rattling off inside the guitar. Luckily I was able to hang onto mine.

This is probably a longshot, but have you tried finding a comparable sized nut at a hardware store?

I was thinking of adding some glue to it, but that could also be a phenomenally bad idea if I ever need to remove it in the future...

Anyone have tips?

Woah talk about timing. Not intending to threadjack, but I just picked up a ZT3 and I have a similar issue - though I still have my "roller", it doesn't stay attached at all. I got a few uses out of it before it started rattling off inside the guitar. Luckily I was able to hang onto mine.

This is probably a longshot, but have you tried finding a comparable sized nut at a hardware store?

I was thinking of adding some glue to it, but that could also be a phenomenally bad idea if I ever need to remove it in the future...

Anyone have tips?

Don't glue it, at least not unless you grease it regularly. That part involves quite a bit of pressure against the other, and you'll wear it down if you do. I'm sure that's the reason for the roller at all. Before you lose yours, try and find a washer or clip that will hold it in place. There is clearly a groove on the bottom which is meant to hold it there.

I plan to find one online or at a hardware store, but I didn't know the dimensions. I'll probably get around to measuring the replacement part and figuring it out from there. It would be great if someone already knew. It would save quite a bit of time.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't glue it, at least not unless you grease it regularly. That part involves quite a bit of pressure against the other, and you'll wear it down if you do. I'm sure that's the reason for the roller at all. Before you lose yours, try and find a washer or clip that will hold it in place. There is clearly a groove on the bottom which is meant to hold it there.

I plan to find one online or at a hardware store, but I didn't know the dimensions. I'll probably get around to measuring the replacement part and figuring it out from there. It would be great if someone already knew. It would save quite a bit of time.

Dellul, apologies for the late reply. If it would help I can take some pictures of my roller next to a measuring tape. The thing is really tiny however, so I'm not sure how detailed it would need to be...

So if that would help let me know. I'm still trying to get out to a hardware store to find a washer that will fit.

Dellul, apologies for the late reply. If it would help I can take some pictures of my roller next to a measuring tape. The thing is really tiny however, so I'm not sure how detailed it would need to be...

So if that would help let me know. I'm still trying to get out to a hardware store to find a washer that will fit.

So I went ahead and photographed the pieces in case you or anyone else needed them. The roller is approximately 5mm in diameter, with perhaps 3mm of space in the center for the arm to fit into.

On the arm, you can visibly see the groove where the roller should fit under - I presume this is where the washer or e-clip fits into. I'll be shopping around locally for a generic clip to go onto here, will reply back with results later.

post-62915-039169300 1391713121_thumb.jpg

post-62915-045404800 1391713131_thumb.jpg

Archived