Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Government Series II Les Paul PIctures (2014)

evildoer993

It's "Government Tan". Also, the back of the headstock is stamped 2013. Which makes sense, since these were made available this month.

It plays nice. It's kind of refreshing, because ultimately, I'm kind of a fender guy.

Five guitars.. four are fender. I've had some Epi LP's before (two or three), but never the real deal. It's fun to play and the neck is pretty beefy.

Guest Farnsbarns

How would you add a poker chip to the guitar?

Take the knurled nut off the switch and place the poker chip over it before replacing the but.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry guys, had to remove the pics with the serial #'s since these shot up in value pretty quickly. I've seen $2000+, one on Ebay is going for $2650+ with a day to go (36 bids). I intended to hang on to it for a while, now I'm not so certain. I'm a little afraid to play it because I think this might be more legit collectors territory, where I'm kind of a hobbyist.

We'll see. I'm thinking about selling it to get my dad his dream guitar.

Just a heads up if anyone is legitimately interested in this specific guitar. It's been played about an hour (lightly total) and is being stored in a non-smoking house in its case, in my closet.

I apologize if anyone takes this as a "bump" or a "trade attempt". It's not. I just wanted to let everyone know I took down a few pics in case someone is doing research or what not.

...I intended to hang on to it for a while, now I'm not so certain. I'm a little afraid to play it because I think this might be more legit collectors territory, where I'm kind of a hobbyist....

Whilst I like the guitar I can understand your dilemma.

If it was mine I'm pretty sure I'd sell it now when they are fetching big bucks.

If you were to get $2,500 or more you could choose - either for your dad or yourself - something you'd possibly be unlikely to buy under different circumstances.

Good luck with the decision-making process!

P.

Sorry guys, had to remove the pics with the serial #'s since these shot up in value pretty quickly. I've seen $2000+, one on Ebay is going for $2650+ with a day to go (36 bids).

So is that 36 stupid individuals, or two stupid individuals doing something stupid 18 times each? 3 and 6 maybe?

rct

What makes these so special?..and people are paying daft money for them?....

So Gibson had some wood....the Government took the wood....Government gave back the wood,

And Gibson make another version of the Studio with the wood they had before the Government took the wood.would you believe it?

What makes these so special?..and people are paying daft money for them?....

So Gibson had some wood....the Government took the wood....Government gave back the wood,

And Gibson make another version of the Studio with the wood they had before the Government took the wood.would you believe it?

Indeed I do believe so. It may have taken them a certain time for reconditioning the wood since it perhaps has been stored under less defined or inappropriate conditions, and so it took long until approval for using it.

I am sure this is not a publicity stunt but definitely the wood as declared by the certificates.

Oh I do believe it's returned wood...but why the big bucks?...that I can't figure...

Gibson Flying V Government Series II NEW COA Dirty Fingers pickups=Price: US $1,285.00 Approximately £779.54

gibson government series ll les paul

Price: US $1,195.00 Approximately £724.95These two much more like studio price.

Two e-bay auctions.

In my opinion this is due to being rare and collectable. The price listed on the Gibson website is that of a '70s Tribute Les Paul coming with Dirty Fingers stock, too. When it is about tone, the LP and SG '70 Tribute models will do. However, they don't offer models comparing to the Government Series Explorer and Flying V.

Oh I do believe it's returned wood...but why the big bucks?...that I can't figure...

I mean they are basically studio guitars but it was a pretty big story when the government seized their wood so I can see how there would be a market for the guitar that was used from that wood. Who knows, perhaps they'll be even more valuable in the future.

With all due respect to everyone taste i find the government guitar absolutely horrible i really prefer my own gibson les paul studio 2014 DESERT BURST which is really stunning and plays like a dream i still dont know why the government is so popular while its so horrible [cursing]

Archived