Gibson Brands Forums

Gibsons learn and master program?

Does anyone have any experience or know anyone that used the Gibson learn and master self study? I've been kinda lookin at it, and wanna make sure it's somethin I can benefit from! My main question ( actually 2 ).....who is it geared towards mostly (new, intermediate )....and does it focus more on rhythm playing / chords or more of lead playing / improv ? A quick background about myself.....I play acoustic / rhythm in a working country band, been playing about 10 years total. I'm strictly a rhythm player, but I understand the theory / chord progressions etc. I have zero experience with lead playing, and honestly probably couldn't play a major scale !! I'm lookin to dive into the world of playing some lead, learning scales, learning improv , and advanced chords up the neck. Is the Gibson program somethin that would be a good start? If not .... Any suggestions ?? Any info would be great , thanks !!

I use that program and like it quite a bit. I think it is geared for the beginner, which is certainly what I am, but by the time I am done with the course I hope to be beyond that designation.

The course does not have a particular focus toward rhythm over lead guitar, or vice versa. It covers a wide spectrum. I think it would probably meet your needs, though you would find a good portion not useful. I just finished the finger playing session and am working on the session that deals with pentatonic scales and soloing.

I think it is a good start for that. Like I said, you'll be buying some materials that may not be useful to you, but I think the course is pretty expensive for what you get. I recommend getting the course with the extra DVDs (I think it is 20 disks total). The extra materials are useful.

• 9 months later...

I had it...every now and then Gibson will run a special and offer big discount...wait to strike and you can get a deal.

I had the 20 DVD set...good material with diagrams, tabs, online support.

I ended up with medical issue and had to quit guitar for almost a year. I sent the program back and got full refund.

Gotta give them credit they were first class and never a delay in offering a credit to my card for refund

Try it...nothing to lose. Let us know what you think.

Play in good health

[thumbup]

I think it is a good start for that. Like I said, you'll be buying some materials that may not be useful to you, but I think the course is pretty expensive for what you get. I recommend getting the course with the extra DVDs (I think it is 20 disks total). The extra materials are useful.

Thanks

Archived