Gibson Brands Forums

2014 SG Futura

telejojo

Well I bought a new SG Futura with miniEtune in red.I've had it for 2 days now and it's just fine,I like the boost switch and the coil splitters and over all I have no complaints except it is a little noisey I guess that's the neck pu. P90 but I can deal with it.I also have a SG standard 2013 and I will keep both.I would add pics but it tells me my pics are too big and don't know antthing about pic sizes

Well I bought a new SG Futura with miniEtune in red.I've had it for 2 days now and it's just fine,I like the boost switch and the coil splitters and over all I have no complaints except it is a little noisey I guess that's the neck pu. P90 but I can deal with it.I also have a SG standard 2013 and I will keep both.I would add pics but it tells me my pics are too big and don't know antthing about pic sizes

Congrats on your new Sg! It is on my top 5 list that I want. Please let us know how the minEtune stands up after you log some more time into it.

At first it felt a little lighter but after playing for 3 days I think it's the same.The fretboard mabe not as smooth but it's new and already starting to feel smoother.I think the sound is just as good that is to me.They left out the charger and I called Gibson but they are hard to get,I left a call back number but have not heard anything yet.I like the boost it jumps up pretty good.I would show pics but is says my pics are too big and I don't know how to correct that.

• 2 weeks later...
GUITARS%20AND%20AMPS%20005-M.jpgWell I take that back about the noise now,or it may just be static.I pull it away from my body and pop or my arm and pop.I plugged up my Les Paul and very little to no popping.......................What's giong on I really like this SG but I have to find out what this popping is.It may be just static.Is there something for static?

Well I take that back about the noise now,or it may just be static.I pull it away from my body and pop or my arm and pop.I plugged up my Les Paul and very little to no popping.......................What's giong on I really like this SG but I have to find out what this popping is.It may be just static.Is there something for static?

Try switching plugs where the amp is plugged into the wall. It may be the outlet. Tim

Just by the way, the Sidewinder P90H in the neck is a humbucker, so it wouldn't give the singlecoil hum.

I'm trying to find out more about this pickup, it seems quite mysterious... [huh]

Thanks, oh by the way the noise was a loose cable fixed that and no to very little noise now.

[thumbup] Enjoy the Futura

I was just walking through the warehouse here at work… passed by a row of brand-new 2014 Gibsons :blink: in their manufacturer's boxes, and nearly collapsed in awe and in lament over how I could not take some of them with me [drool]. Pretty sure I'd lose my job if I tried! LOL! [laugh]

Several SG's—including a Derek Trucks model and a Standard in sunburst. Also some LP's of various models.

Anyway… thought I'd share. Didn't mean to side-track this thread's theme.

Futura owners, please give some info on the guitar finish. What is this thing called "vintage gloss". Is it something good or just a marketing trick to justify fewer layers of varnish? I would guess it is like the cheaper "faded" style. Am I right?

• 2 weeks later...

GUITARS%20AND%20AMPS%20005-M.jpgWell I take that back about the noise now,or it may just be static.I pull it away from my body and pop or my arm and pop.I plugged up my Les Paul and very little to no popping.......................What's giong on I really like this SG but I have to find out what this popping is.It may be just static.Is there something for static?

I dig that LP,,I used to have one of those from back in the 70's,,SG is nice also. If your using the floor stomp bxs,,I highly suggest a noise gate in line,,make it the last thing in the lineup of pedals,,youll be suprised what that will do for unwanted noise.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived