Gibson Brands Forums

Slash re: the riff from Slither.

Scott0

Slash has a knack for the cool rock n roll riff hook. Him and Zakk are just incredible.

I'm hooked! [blink]

You might like this. I know not everyone likes Rocksmith but it has Slither on it. Here is a video of a guy that almost nails it perfect.

That's what I'm using to learn this song and guitar! I just started learning ~7 months ago.

Here's my score this morning for Slither

6O9sUdv.jpg

Nice choice of song OP. I had the privilege of seeing Velvet Revolver right before they broke up and Scott got back with STP.

Nice! Man, I would have dug seeing them. Based on the vids I've seen, they killed it in concert.

Great song, great player.....but another thing about slash when he smoked (cigarettes that is)...how come he's the only axedood who didn't get smoke in his eyes?

post-12785-041509400 1391535190_thumb.jpg

didn't work for these gods

post-12785-038592500 1391535232_thumb.jpg

post-12785-007102700 1391535255_thumb.jpg

although these two seem to manage

post-12785-022329100 1391535396_thumb.jpg

(yep,i know he stopped on the death of his mum..good man!)

Excellent job man keep at it and you picked a good influence I love Slash everyone else did too untill he got super famous then they got JEALOUS!

Slash has the definative Les Paul sound he didnt invent it Jimmy Page did, but alot of people even Zakk forgot about it.

Put on any Slash album and listen you will hear a great sounding Les Paul.

Hey thanks SHREK! Slash does have the LP sound.

BTW, I read your thread/comments a while back about how much you dig your LP Signature T and your positive reviews influenced me into buying one for myself- It's a fantastic guitar! So thanks for that. [thumbup]

Great song, great player.....but another thing about slash when he smoked (cigarettes that is)...how come he's the only axedood who didn't get smoke in his eyes?

post-12785-041509400 1391535190_thumb.jpg

didn't work for these gods

post-12785-038592500 1391535232_thumb.jpg

post-12785-007102700 1391535255_thumb.jpg

although these two seem to manage

post-12785-022329100 1391535396_thumb.jpg

(yep,i know he stopped on the death of his mum..good man!)

hah , I don't even know how they can play with a cig in their mouth like that. When I smoked I couldn't even just stand around with a cig in my mouth and breath. [confused]

Outstanding, love it.

Hey, thanks SHREK. I missed this post before!

So how is your Rocksmith Lessons coming along? How is that Signature T treating you?

It's going really good! And by really good I mean it keeps me motivated to play and learn. In fact, it's 2 am right now and I just finished a 2 hour practice session after coming home from meeting up with my girlfriend and a couple of her friends for drinks earlier. I couldn't wait to get home and practice. [woot]

I'm averaging ~4 hours of practice every day now consistently for the last 7+ months. So for me Rocksmith is a very good way to learn due to keeping me practicing and motivated. It even makes practicing scales fun for me.

I have ~20 songs I'm learning, from the Police to Velvet Revolver, with a lot of Black Keys. Even learning SRV + Albert King, Gary Clark jr, Cream, and CCR. I've got one song I know to 100% without needing to follow along visually with the notes, that's the Dead Weather's "I can't hear you".

The Sig T is simply fantastic and my go-to guitar now, out of 8 guitars in my line-up. The only other guitar that I usually practice with now is my Strat and that's because it's comfortable to play due to the lightweight and the contoured body.

Rock on SHREK! [thumbup]

Sounds interesting I have seen and heard of the game but never checked it out. Do you have to buy a special adapter or interface?

The main version comes with a special guitar cord which has USB connection on one end. The cord costs ~$25 stand alone.

As for the Signature T they were just Standards made while they had no rosewood. I actually like the granadillo wood better.

NICE! deal of the year? Looks like standards usually go for ~$2500

I like the Granadillo a lot also, I don't have a ton of experience to compare though, but it's beautiful and plays super for me.

I saw Velvet Revolver in 2008.. Slash was one of the reasons I started playing electric guitar

DSC00038_zpsc91aa569.jpg

DSC00059_zps44e07915.jpg

DSC00072_zpsa310ea59.jpg

NICE! I've always dug GnR and Velvet Revolver but only since I've picked up guitar have I learned to have a bigger appreciation of Slash. [thumbup]

Excellent hero

I need to see if they have Rocksmith for PC

They do, the original RS and the new version, RS2014

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_3_10?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=rocksmith%20pc&sprefix=rocksmith+%2Caps%2C426

PS, I just noticed in your sig you have a Highway 1 strat, funny thing, that's what my Strat is also! Mine is a 1st-gen, 2002, sss. [thumbup]

A friend of mine won a radio competition to meet Slash when they played in the NEof England....was allowed to watch a rehearsal,so he took his Vintage (brand) LP,Slash played and signed it!,said he loved it!......my mate (learner) got bored with practice so flogged me the guitar...........but he kept the signed scratchplate: :( .

Archived