Gibson Brands Forums

Updating Push Pull Pots on Swingster

MarioC

Updating the push/pull pots on my Swingster. I have the WD500PP-US on the way from www.guitarpartsresource.com and I already have the wire for the harness. What I can not find is what the voltage values are for the capacitors there are several volt variations out there for a .02 uF 2A2322 The capacitors and those are all the numbers I could find on them. They are disc and I searched the web for a couple of hours and could not decode the 2A223 on any of the sights. From what I understand they can be replaced with a .022 but once again the voltage vale is not mentioned and I would like to keep the capacitors to OEM specs if possible.

Would someone have any knowledge of what the volt value is for the capacitor on the Swingster?

I appreciate the help folks I have learned a lot from this Forum.

Blessings

Updating the push/pull pots on my Swingster. I have the WD500PP-US on the way from www.guitarpartsresource.com and I already have the wire for the harness. What I can not find is what the voltage values are for the capacitors there are several volt variations out there for a .02 uF 2A2322 The capacitors and those are all the numbers I could find on them. They are disc and I searched the web for a couple of hours and could not decode the 2A223 on any of the sights. From what I understand they can be replaced with a .022 but once again the voltage vale is not mentioned and I would like to keep the capacitors to OEM specs if possible.

Would someone have any knowledge of what the volt value is for the capacitor on the Swingster?

I appreciate the help folks I have learned a lot from this Forum.

Blessings

I will just go with the 100 or 200 volt then and see what happens.

Thanks for the help I appreciate it.

Blessings

• 1 month later...

I will just go with the 100 or 200 volt then and see what happens.

Thanks for the help I appreciate it.

Blessings

I apologize for taking so long to get back with the results old man old memory.

Well it was a 200 volt ceramic disk capacitor and it worked fine. The new wiring harness was built and installed and I am very happy with it. The tone has actually improved and the pots are great.

I have a problem with the G string saddle on the roller bridge buzzing when I get that taken care of it will be one great Swingster.

• 3 months later...

Glad to hear you got that sorted. I've never had or worked on a roller bridge, there might be someone else here who can help with that.

I finally got around to fooling with string and found that this stopped the rattle.

I got the bridge noise stopped by going to 11=52 with a wound G string.

Archived