Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson les Paul classic custom 2011-2012

Oliver seid

Thanks guys yeah I can't find it anywhere, I looked at the goldtop and I'm thinking about it. How does your classic sound?

Great. It has 57 Classic pickups, so it has a vintage character - which got further enhanced with PIO caps installed in place of ceramics.

What about the Classic Custom 2? Looks very nice in Antique Natural too..

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm... would prefer a one-piece mahogany body at that price point. Perhaps the owner's reason for selling it? :unsure:

Not!

A serious owner. [flapper]

Cheers... Bence

Bence,, you biatch... lol ;)

Yes, it's the rarest color option of this model variation.

Cheers... Bence

Really??? I thought they made 500 of each color?

One on flea bay at the moment..want top dollar though..

1800 pound??? Wow,, that's ridonkulous!!

I paid 2200 Canadian for mine which is about 1180 pound today.

I would watch that auction. There is no way he's selling it for that price.

Bence,, you biatch... lol ;)

Really??? I thought they made 500 of each color?

1800 pound??? Wow,, that's ridonkulous!!

I paid 2200 Canadian for mine which is about 1180 pound today.

I would watch that auction. There is no way he's selling it for that price.

yep...there was a goldtop just a few days ago....seller couldn't get a bid of £1,150..........these guitars are well worth that....

I'm now thinking of changing the "plastic" on my Gold Top, to "Cream!"

What do you guys think? Good Idea, or "Dumb?" LOL I did that, to my

1980 Regular LP Custom (Cherry Sunburst), and loved the results. And,

since most "Gold Tops" used to come standard with "cream" plastic, I

think it might look even more "Classic" than it already does? Anyway,

just a thought (so far)! [biggrin]

CB

I'm now thinking of changing the "plastic" on my Gold Top, to "Cream!"

What do you guys think? Good Idea, or "Dumb?" LOL I did that, to my

1980 Regular LP Custom (Cherry Sunburst), and loved the results. And,

since most "Gold Tops" used to come standard with "cream" plastic, I

think it might look even more "Classic" than it already does? Anyway,

just a thought (so far)! [biggrin]

CB

IMHO, I think changing the plastics to cream would just make it look like a Traditional or a Standard. The multi-layered binding and the black plastics go together so well. Also, being a (USA) Custom, the plastics should be black, but hey, I'm fan of black plastics regardless of what model it is!!! [smile]

Hey there buddy how have you been? Hows that new Custom?

Howdy!!! [smile]

I'm doing alright, thanks! Just trying to get through the latest round of snow and frigid temps. I usually don't mind winter, but damn I'm just tired of the constant frigid cold and snow. I've gone through more distilled water in my guitar humidifiers than I can ever recall.

Anyways, the new Custom is just freakin' awesome!!! The honeymoon is still going strong! [thumbup]

Great Great where are you brotha? Im in Kansas City Mo we just got hit with a zero temperature weekend with a mini blizzard snowed in. Now its warming up this week.

I'm here on the Mason Dixon Line between Baltimore and Harrisburg. It's a rural farming area. We got down below zero this morning and it's supposed to steadily get warmer as the week goes on. Been cranking up the Marshall DSL to break the ice off the roof and gutters, so I guess there is a bright side to it... [lol]

Yes indeed snow days have a bright side to them for sure its almost like being a kid again. It was warm here to 20s and supposed to warm up all week. snow is still deep but melting quickly.

I have been toying with this amp a bit

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/110514-almost-forgot-new-amp-yesterday/page__pid__1494207#entry1494207

SWEET!!! Heck of a nice guy to sell it to you for $100! I've been planning on a new amp for my ES359 for blues tunes. My Marshall DSL is great for hard/classic rock. So, I'll likely starting looking at some Fender amps for blues playing, and I'll try as many other different makers amps that I can find.

Got any good suggestions for blues amps?

Im thinking about this for the Ted Nugent tribute if it takes off Its a ES 137 Classic What do you think? I love Ted and am a big fan,

Also the "C" on the 12th fret is my last name letter lol.

The wife and I looked at it tonight if I start seeing an income in May I can take my 25 year bonus and get one.

$_57.JPG

Sweet looking guitar, but I honestly know nothing about them. There are a bunch of folks in the Custom Shop ES forum who could tell you just about everything you might want to know, so make a post over there if you really need some info and insight.

Archived