Gibson Brands Forums

Tim Shaw Mini Humbuckers???

lakehaus

I came across a for sale listing in another forum where an early '80s LP Deluxe is being offered. One of the pics offered a familiar marking on the bottom of the guitar's mini humbucker. Looks like a Shaw marking (era, font, code) to me. My internet search has been relatively fruitless when I use "Tim Shaw mini humbucker". After some more sleuthing, I ran across another same-era Deluxe with the same marking.

Does anyone here know without a doubt that Gibson issued Tim Shaw appointed mini-humbuckers in some guitars during the '80s? If so, please let me (us) know.

Or if you have a Gibson mini-hum with similar markings, please share a pic.

Curiosity is getting this cat.

Here's a pic of the pickup that drew my attention:

IMG_1363_zps604d8bb1.jpg

Click pic for ebay listing

$_57.JPG

I came across a for sale listing in another forum where an early '80s LP Deluxe is being offered. One of the pics offered a familiar marking on the bottom of the guitar's mini humbucker. Looks like a Shaw marking (era, font, code) to me. My internet search has been relatively fruitless when I use "Tim Shaw mini humbucker". After some more sleuthing, I ran across another same-era Deluxe with the same marking.

Does anyone here know without a doubt that Gibson issued Tim Shaw appointed mini-humbuckers in some guitars during the '80s? If so, please let me (us) know.

Or if you have a Gibson mini-hum with similar markings, please share a pic.

Curiosity is getting this cat.

I never heard of that. I've also always been under the impression that all of the mini Humbucker's were left over Epiphone stock that Gibson was trying to use up at the time.

Archived