Gibson Brands Forums

Aftermarket Humbuckers

gratedmb21

Alright, got the guitar back today from a local luthier. I wanted to add a push/pull pot to my current setup. Well the bad news the stock humbuckers in the guitar are only 2 conductor. So, if I still want to do that setup I'll have to upgrade to 4 conductor humbucker setup.

With that being said, what are some good aftermarket 4 conductor humbuckers (i.e. WCR Crossroads, Seymour Duncan, Dimarzio, Angus Young etc.) I was looking to get that 'PAF' sound. I mostly play classic rock and blues. If this helps, the whole reason I was trying to get the push/pull pot was because of Jimmy Page's LP, so that shows you want sound I was 'trying' to get. Any comments would be appreciated. I know you guys will lead me in the right direction.

i contacted gibson and the schematics they sent me for the JP wiring used the 496/500 ceramic pickups that come in the LP Classic. that being said, the 496/500t dont really give me that 70s tone. i like the BB Pros in my LP Std for that.

I had BurstBucker Pros in the guitar, but they are only 2 conductors. I was so mad, because I love the sound of those pickups. My guitar is a Gibson Les Paul Standard Premium Plus. I got the schematics from Stew-Mac. They have the updated schematics for the current Page replica.

Its amazing how many guys ( Myself included ) dig that 70's tone.

Do you think in 20 or so years people will be into the Y2K tone?

I dont think so!

lmao. music today sucks. there are no more led zep's, van halen's or Guns 'N' Roses. We have no new Rock/guitar legends. Instead we have Limp Bisquick and Creed...:P

lmao. music today sucks. there are no more led zep's' date=' van halen's or Guns 'N' Roses. We have no new Rock/guitar legends. Instead we have Limp Bisquick and Creed...:-s [/quote']

Hey bro check out Mad Temple don't give up hope R N R is not dead yet

www.myspace.com/madtemple

Ok, I think I am going to go ahead and go with Wolfetones

I am going to use my current pickups, have them rewound and add the 4 conductor setup to them.

$100/pair shipped

Ok, now I have to decide between the three different types...

Marshallhead

Legend

Dr. Vintage

http://www.wolfetone.com/productsandpricing.html

I am looking for a good classic rock/blues sound. My current pickups are BurstBucker Pros, which have Alnico 5 magnets already in them if that makes a difference

Archived