Gibson Brands Forums

Honeyburst

manny

2 thumbs up for Honeyburst. I don't know how old the honey burst thing is, but I love it. Out of all the 2014 line, where ever Honeyburst is offered....it is the best looking one. My friend has a studio from a few years ago in a matte honeyburst and it is amazing.If I was getting another LP anytime soon, I would make sure it was a Honeyburst. Could I possibly say Honeyburst, too many times in one thread? Honeyburst!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems that Honeyburst covers a pretty wide range of shades. Mine is a much lighter shade than the other pictures but is still called Honeyburst. Pictures do it no justice though. It is pretty spectacular. When I open the case I get that glow like when They open the briefcase in Pulp Fiction. " Oh yeah, we're happy" [love]

8384642629_20380c8996_c.jpg

That is a beaut. I had an '06 Ebony Classic and traded it for a Martin D-28. Still cant get into the green trapezoids though.

Yeah, they're going to be changed, in the near future. It was the only way

that model came, back when I got it. They actually look worse, in photos,

than they do in reality. But, I'm not impressed, with them, anyway. [tongue][biggrin]

CB

While not a Gibson Honey-Burst, my Vintage brand V100PGM Lemon Drop reminds me of a Honey Burst and changes dramatically in differing light conditions from reddish to orangey, to yellows and gold...

IMG_3975_zps90328a46.jpg

I really like it!

NGD2-6-14-4_zps18157c11.jpgNGD2-6-14-3_zps89fd90a5.jpg

• 2 months later...

Oh! Are we posting HoneyBursts?

Gorgeous, CB!

[thumbup]

Here's mine (because you've all never seen her before...).

1995 '1960 Classic' with Seymour Duncan Antiquities.

HoneyPortraitFramedlo-res_zpsec6b3780.jpg

P.

Just reading thru some old posts and came across this!! Wowsy what a beauty! Love the grain and top!

• 4 weeks later...

Well, as promised...I DID it (well, actually my luthier friend, Brian, at my dealer's did it for me)!

Changed the "aged" (pee yellow) fret markers in my 2000 LP Classic, to the "normal" version!

MUCH BETTER LOOKING, don't you agree?!! [thumbup]

Before:

DSC_0024.jpg

After:

DSC_3549copy_zps6933247c.jpg

DSC_35501_zpsa7811b0c.jpg

[biggrin]

CB

Archived