Gibson Brands Forums

A 2014 SG Std. Walnut

MrNylon

• 1 month later...

that is a stunning bass! lucky for you your brother didn't take to it!

I really am glad it worked out the way it did. Today was a good two hours of playing. [thumbup]

I restrung Mabel with the ETB92S Nylons, as usual. I thought the intonation was off. I was about to do a reset on the bridge saddles, when something said to me try another electronic tuner. I dug out two more different types of tuners, and discovered my first tuner went bad. It sure doesn't hurt to have a couple extra tuners around as a backup for checking. [thumbup]

• 2 months later...

I still like the SG Std. Walnut. Sweetwater had this one in the Guitar Gallery , until I snagged it. Wed. June 11th, should be the delivery day for it. Maybe this one will be a "Rainy Day Woman". [thumbup]

• 2 weeks later...

I was not immediately drawn to the walnut finish or the SG Standard; but, I must say seeing yours with the ETB92S strings is a beautiful Axe. Congratulations on your acquisition.

Thank you sir. After 44 years of Heritage Cherry, and a Faded Cherry, and a Chocolate Satin thrown in there, the Walnut just really looked good to me. For the choices I had, the grain the body got my attention. It plays great too. [thumbup]

• 2 months later...

I played the Precision for about an hour, then switched to the SG Std. WOW! What a difference in the out put, and sound. It looks like the Precision is going to be spending more time in the case.

Archived