Gibson Brands Forums

[ Sticky ] How to post photos

TheLiveSoundGuy

Sorry if I sounds cheeky, but this is precisely why 3rd party hosting doesn't work: just check this thread's first post, all the photos are gone. The 500 kb media upload allowance on this forum is as good as no allowance at all. A 500 kb limit per post would be an improvement, and yet still inadequate. Please can we get more?

I'm not sure where you are going wrong but it's only Photobucket which doesn't work after they decided to pull the freebie service. The pics showing how to upload images are missing because 99.99% of folks used Photobucket and so the post showed how to use Photobucket. Once Photobucket pulled the plug not only did the pics vanish; it made the whole point of the thread as originally started redundant.

Other sites' 3rd party hosting still work (I now use Postimage) as demonstrated here;

Marmalade_2015_zps5xmdsobd.jpg

Also I'm not sure what the problem is with posting 'only' 500kb-sized images - nor where the 500kb per post limit is mentioned - but these two images are well under 500kb each and are big enough for most purposes.

10d37d44-658c-4930-b6c1-13aee59f5662_zps1a96f519.jpg

Furthermore, between them, they measure in the region of 700kb so 500kb is definitely not the limit per post.

Lastly; this image - which is too large to be seen on my screen in toto - measures nearly 800kb on its own and brings the post total to 1,500 kb yet the post still manages to show all three images.

Treacle_35.jpg

Where did you read you are only allowed a maximum of 500kb per post? Clearly this is not the case.

Have you, yourself, tried uploading an image and found you had a problem? If so could you be specific as to the size of the image which was disallowed and the nature of the issue you had? Photobucket apart there is no reason not to use image-host-sites as an upload platform.

Pip.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

To use Postimage.org for photo hosting, here's what you do. After you upload the image, copy the "Hotlink for forums" and paste it directly into the text of your post. The "insert image" button on this forum is useless.

Edited by StRanger7032

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

OK so I am about to blow my brains out (what's left of them!).😥   Cannot figure out how to add a photo. Tried the PostImg.org sight to no avail. Not willing to pay $6 a month for Photo Bucket. Can't make Google Photos work either.

Anyone have anything that can help I'd be most appreciative!

• 3 weeks later...