Gibson Brands Forums

[ Sticky ] How to post photos

TheLiveSoundGuy

First' date=' take pictures of your guitar (but you probably knew that already).

To post them here, they need to be uploaded to the web. A lot of guys here use photobucket.com .

Once you get an account and upload your photos, go into your album and you'll see a bunch of links/codes under your thumbnail. The one you're looking for is "IMG Code" followed by a link (see pic below).

[img']http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg251/2manyGuitars/copy.jpg[/img]

All you do is click on this and you'll see a little box that says "Copied" (see pic).

copied.jpg

Now in your message, just hit "Paste" wherever you want your photo to appear (like this)...

tag.jpg

Good luck. Look forward to seeing some photos.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

i feel your pain brother. no help menu to go to to figure out the nuances of navigating thru the forum. i've been reluctant to post similar querys as i didn't want to be a nusance. however, imho the only stupid question, is the one you don't ask. so far, falling back on my somewhat limited techno skills, i've been able to tread water. hope to freestylin' soon.

• 4 weeks later...

This is a great web site / God Bless You / Spanish Oak, NC

th_63Hummingbird08L4-A.jpg

I wish I knowed about this forum long ago / Will Enjoy talking to other Gibson Lovers of Music :-

Question? / What is the "Quote" button for and how do you use it?

I have been playing music for 46 year, but not much on a computer ](*,) Have a Blessed Day

This is a great web site / God Bless You / Spanish Oak' date=' NC

th_63Hummingbird08L4-A.jpg

I wish I knowed about this forum long ago / Will Enjoy talking to other Gibson Lovers of Music :-

Question? / What is the "Quote" button for and how do you use it?

I have been playing music for 46 year, but not much on a computer ](*,) Have a Blessed Day

Ok i press the quote button on the right top and it quotes what u said on your post now i can post under it also i can edit ur post if u want to...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Why are all teh photos so Tiny? Are these guitars for Ants?

I havethe same problem' date=' but no-one knows how to tell me how to make them bigger.

57 / 56 / 72 people have read my request but no-one seems to k now how.

AXE - please dont bother to reply with your usual bull ****.

• 2 weeks later...

Great job, LiveSoundGuy. Back when I sold a ton of stuff on eBay, I knew how to do that. Now I can't remember what my photobucket username is.

Caleb, the "BS" you were referring to in Boston's sig was actually a response that Axe made to a younger member elsewhere following a rather crude comment. It was actually quite appreciated by many of us at the time.

Thanks Wicked 1' date=' but I have to give credit where credit is due.

Guitar Junkie was the one who put the tutorial together. I just lobbied to have it made a [sticky']

~gary

And now we'll all be better for it!! Image the pix we'll see.....the thinks we'll think...

Seriously, though--even if you didn't do the tutorial, you did a good thing getting it "stuck" there for those of us that seem to have forgotten how technology works when we are away from the office!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...