Gibson Brands Forums

Markbass Little Mark Tube 800

MrNylon

curse you for giving me GAS !!!!!!!

Sorry partner, I couldn't stay away from this one. I tried one out going through a similar Ampeg SVT-410HLF cab, like mine in the store. Amazing!

I like the idea of a hybrid amp, my Eden WT-400 has a 12AX 7 preamp tube. Just wondering, does the VLE and VPF do anything to the overall tone? Though I don't own one, I like the Markbass 500 210 combo very much, it has great sound and weighs under 40 pounds? Looks like you have a winner there.

John

I like the idea of a hybrid amp, my Eden WT-400 has a 12AX 7 preamp tube. Just wondering, does the VLE and VPF do anything to the overall tone? Though I don't own one, I like the Markbass 500 210 combo very much, it has great sound and weighs under 40 pounds? Looks like you have a winner there.

John

I think I do too, and it works great with the Ampeg Heritage SVT-410HLF cab. The Markbass heads aren't having the CRASH and BURN issues some of the comparable Ampeg heads are having. The VLE and VPF are in the mix. They do work. The Markbass combos are very good.

I just bought this last Thursday............

MBIIINY1512_zpsd82bc477.jpg

Little Mark III & New York 151 bottom.

The 15" speaker weighs less than 37 lbs & has handled all of the vintage Gibson Basses I have tried through it. My '67 EB-2, that blew up the speaker cabinets of my youth, rattled my entire house. No speaker rattle or buzz! So far I'm impressed, tried it at practice yesterday, worked well. I may get another cabinet down the road, that will increase it from 300 watts to 500 watts.

I just bought this last Thursday............

MBIIINY1512_zpsd82bc477.jpg

Little Mark III & New York 151 bottom.

The 15" speaker weighs less than 37 lbs & has handled all of the vintage Gibson Basses I have tried through it. My '67 EB-2, that blew up the speaker cabinets of my youth, rattled my entire house. No speaker rattle or buzz! So far I'm impressed, tried it at practice yesterday, worked well. I may get another cabinet down the road, that will increase it from 300 watts to 500 watts.

Congrats on your Markbass. A great setup. I had a Mini CMD 121P Combo, and a NY121 cab, I sold to get into the Ampeg cab, and the Little Mark tube 800. The LM Combo Head ll built into that, is the same as the your LMlll. I don't believe you'll be disappointed with Markbass. ioKd4hk.gif

Archived