Gibson Brands Forums

recorded ideas volume low

Inupiat

Hello all, I recorded a few ideas through Cubase and the volume is really low, does anyone else use cubase? And if so, how can adjust the volume so it's at least halfway decent?

Also, It was recorded through a Digit ech RD 1000 to Cubase. Here are the recordings

Soundcloud.com/inupiat

Regardless of what DAW you use, the input volume is going to depend on what your soundcard is set at. If you're using the internal soundcard/chip that comes with your machine there's generally a setting 'panel' where you can choose mic or line inputs and the volume for each. If you're using an internal or external third party soundcard it generally comes with its own program for setting input volume. In either case, the panel you need to alter your settings will most often be found in the system tray on a PC. Macs may be different, but not being a Mac user I couldn't say. I'm not a Cubase user, but I've used Samplitude, Ableton Live and Reaper. Each of those programs have allowed me to alter my soundcard settings inside the program. Look in Cubase for Options.

Archived