Gibson Brands Forums

1962 ES-120T

Skilby54

This guitar belongs to a friend of mine. He's wanting to sell it $950. Was wondering if the price is in the ballpark. I've only owned one electric Gibson, a 54" ES-175 which I sold about 12 years ago. Is there a way to upload photos straight top this forum or does it have to be a URL? New to this forum.

post-63835-024958300 1393862124_thumb.jpg

Your friend may get $950 but more like $750 for Gibson's bottom end 'student' model. Your ES-175, however, if in nice condition, would probably get you 3 G's or better nowadays. I've noticed a spike in the asking price of the ES-125's on Ebay in the last year or so, but I can't say I've seen many sell.

I'm trying to buy back a terrific '57 ES-125 T 3/4 that had been converted to dual pick-up. Sold it 3 or 4 years ago for $850. Another regret.

sKILBY, LIKE JEDZEP SAYS....Bottom of the line, but still a cool guitar in my humble estimation. I have seen them asking $1100 for them....I bet if you waved $800 under his nose , he would bite. I have owned a couple but paid much less than that. Nice guitar , if it speaks to you....otherwise hold out for a 125 or better...[thumbup]

Archived