Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Les Paul problem getting the right tuners

Hi All,

I have a Epiphone Les Paul that I am trying to find tuners, all the hardware on this model is black. The tuners were the vintage flat style, all I need is 2 of the plastic knobs (I was told that a person could heat up the shafts just a little and the buttons would snap right on. I had already figure out that I would get the run around, so I decided to buy a set of vintage Grover tuners so I would have no hassle's I looked the factory ones on the neck and the ones I bought were look a likes, one problem, the shafts are a lot bigger. I called Gibson and gave them the model, and serial numbers to the costumer service guy at Gibson, he looked it up and said it was a thin hollow body electric, I told him it wasn't, he told me that I would have to find a place like the music Center, he did give me a part number, I called The Music Center in Tulsa and talk to them, they mention that the number I give didn't make sense and no they didn't have them and no way to get them.

I have seen to many guitars that look butchered when 2 or 3 sets of the wrong fit made to work.

This Epip. Les Paul is not a guitar that was sold in a package deal, This Guitar, has a set neck`,

the Body is book matched quilted top that runs all the way a crossed to the binding on both sides, I am 58 and out of at least a 1000 guitar's I had seen, never one so awesome. I don't mind buying a set of the right tuners, but I sure would pay a person if they had 2 of them.!!

I would be so great full for any help in any way that I can.

Than you for taking the time to read this!

Greg

...The tuners were the vintage flat style, all I need is 2 of the plastic knobs (I was told that a person could heat up the shafts just a little and the buttons would snap right on...

I'm assuming an Epi LP has Keystone plastic buttons like it's Gibson counterpart. Parts houses such as AllParts and Stew-Mac sell replacement buttons. Check these out:

http://www.allparts.com/search.asp?search=&keyword=keystone+buttons

Archived