Gibson Brands Forums

SLASH LP with DiMarzio 36th

prolik

Hello!

I'm owner of Slash LP Signature Custom shop guitar. It is actuality first incarnation of the whole line :)

This guitar is chosen not because I love Slash so much, but more as it has slimmer neck and loved it in my hands.

So, this guitar has Alnico II Pro's Seymour Duncan pickups factory installed. Those are regular APH-1, not new Slash models.

Guitar originally sounded very aggressive, even shrill but really responsive.

I was able to smoothly play my fast blues licks and Slash songs sounded just as they should.

I wanted to try something less specific to that tone, to have option for more tonal choices.

I swap pickups a lot (BB's, BB pros, other Duncans etc..) and decided to try DiMarzio 36th anniversary.

Guitar now has more of the vintage to modern vibe, less shrill but more compressed and with a little "hair" to it. Regarding solos, it was blast!

DiMarzio's and Duncan's excel in that categories compared to Burstbuckers I also tried.

I recorded whole song on a Gibson Slash LP guitar loaded with DiMarzio pickups. I think it sounds contemporary but with enough vintage vibe to it. Kind of in the middle of the road.

Here is a link to whole song (studio recorded/mastered):

Let me know what you think about this swap? (and don't tell Slash) [thumbup]

-

Archived