Gibson Brands Forums

Which Mini to use on a Les Paul Tradtional

ramblnmn

Hello,

Just recently I bought A Les Paul Traditional and started looking to a Mini Tune for my guitar.

When looking to see which one I can install Tonicial does not mention A Les Paul Traditional ( figures the one I have ), but anyway would anyone know which type to use?

It seems that there several types "A", "B" etc etc....

Any help would be apreciated

It sure does now the question is where can I buy one.....no one seems to have them

Tronical operate their own international web store.

For outside EU:

http://store.tronical-components.com/

or inside EU:

http://store.tronical-components.eu/

You may also toggle between inside or outside the European Union by clicking the soft button top right.

You can order them from AMS or Guitar Center now. Print out the A and B Template in full scale print. Match the one that has your spacing and order that letter designation. Do not assume you ordered the right one if you did not check it yourself. You should not be asking which, you should compare the templates! That is what I did and I got the correct one.

I actually did use a template and also measured it with the template measurements, also asked Tronical support what they thought as well.

They suggested type A so I'm going to go with that.

I've checked all the music sits as well and they are all back ordered.

So I ordered it from zZounds the other night, hopefully the wait won't be too long...we'll have to see

You can order them from AMS or Guitar Center now. Print out the A and B Template in full scale print. Match the one that has your spacing and order that letter designation. Do not assume you ordered the right one if you did not check it yourself. You should not be asking which, you should compare the templates! That is what I did and I got the correct one.

By the way when you installed your tuner was there any special way that you put each tuner in? or are they all the same and it doesn't matter

Did they fit well in the tuner peg holes?

By the way when you installed your tuner was there any special way that you put each tuner in? or are they all the same and it doesn't matter

Did they fit well in the tuner peg holes?

Everything was arranged in the package and I made sure they went in the same. They fit in the holes alright . One was a bit snug but it went in.

100_1462_zps9be3f7fa.jpg

They suggest using contact cleaner at assembly to make sure of getting a signal. Follow the instructions for winding strings in the manual. You can download it from Tronical. The three base strings will tune by turning the pegs opposite from normal and the treble side is normal. The string post still is standard direction to wind string on but the gearing is the same on all 6 instead of 3 top and 3 bottom. Just remember the top 3 will manual tune opposite direction. I suppose that means they will work in any position. Cheaper to manufacture with motors all turning the same way!

I just received my tuner today but won't be able to work on it for a while.

I downloaded the manual and was reading it today, but there something I'm not sure about, should steps be taken to go thru the configuration section - calibration, accuracy, interference levels and so on?

Or this was done at the factory?

Ken

I just received my tuner today but won't be able to work on it for a while.

I downloaded the manual and was reading it today, but there something I'm not sure about, should steps be taken to go thru the configuration section - calibration, accuracy, interference levels and so on?

Or this was done at the factory?

Ken

There are factory settings that they set calibration to. You can change that to be more accurate which would make tuning slower. Another setting that may be changed is to set for Acoustic or Electric guitar, it is factory set to Electric. Only needs changing if you are intending to install to an acoustic guitar.

Archived