Gibson Brands Forums

Has Synapse Line been discontinued?

gba

Trying to source Steinberger Synapse ST-2FPA TranScale Electric Guitar Plain Black on line. No stock available. When I phone retailer they say line has been discontinued. Is this true?

Trying to source Steinberger Synapse ST-2FPA TranScale Electric Guitar Plain Black on line. No stock available. When I phone retailer they say line has been discontinued. Is this true?

There have been signs of a discontinued production since the beginning of 2013. However, Gibson/Epiphone still denies and claims that these instruments are still in production. Some instruments appear randomly in stores from time to time (but never the complete range). So only Gibson knows the truth, but they don't seem to talk about it. Haven't seen a ZT3 for months (outside of ebay)…

• 1 year later...

There have been signs of a discontinued production since the beginning of 2013. However, Gibson/Epiphone still denies and claims that these instruments are still in production. Some instruments appear randomly in stores from time to time (but never the complete range). So only Gibson knows the truth, but they don't seem to talk about it. Haven't seen a ZT3 for months (outside of ebay)…

Just wondering the same here. I'm finding it difficult to find any Synapse SS-2F in standard white or black color, even the custom version in blue is hard to find. Stores are not stocking much in the way of Steinberg either. Really sad to see that such a fantastic lineup of guitars appears to be dying...

Has anyone got news or info on the status of Steinberger guitars?

• 3 months later...

Archived