Gibson Brands Forums

My fav review of the J-45 standard

hovishead

Yeah, I like Greg Koch's reviews too. I think the bit about the pickup was complete tosh but ya gotta admit, he gives every guitar a good little workout all up and down the neck, various techniques left and right, plays enough different things to give you a sense of how the guitar sounds.

I find him a bit annoying in the vids (although he seemed to have toned it down a bit in this one), but agree with Jerry that he does give the guitar a good work out to show what its capable of across the spectrum. I did go to a Fender guitar workshop in Prague a couple years ago that Greg was leading. Funny guy and amazingly talented, he can chicken pick with the best of em' ..

Greg sounds like a morning FM radio show guy who can bend some strings. Great demo because he plays all over the fretboard, not just in some comfort zone.... all the registers is what I'm talkin bout.

Thanks for the post.

I hope wildwood pays him well,because he's entertaining and makes the guitars sound g reat. The difference between the 45 and the 200 really came through in his hands. Where do you guys find the acoustic reviews? I looked on tube, googled, found him reviewing a bunchof electric stuff...

P

Where do you guys find the acoustic reviews?..

P

Phelonious- It's on the Wildwood Guitars website (enjoy):

Wildwood Video Library

And, yes Tarrr, Greg is reminiscent of a FM radio jock from back in the day. @EA: Toned down? I just hope he doesn't burn out on doing these vids; shredding it up on these acoustics, I think he's close to losing it!

My 2010 'Ren Era' J45 Standard is turning into a great, great sounding guitar. Really nice after taking a fair while to break in properly with just bare finger picking.

There is always a catch in this world, and in this case it is the rotten battery bag falling off the Velcro strip - sounds like a car crash through the pickup and amp and a surprise for all - I am happy with the Baggs sound through my Aura Spectrum still, so......just keep loosening those strings and sticking the bag back on.

And Koch is just a riot when he gets going, isn't he? He is sure not touching my Gibson though!

BluesKing777.

Ma that Greg can hit a guitar and really make the differences pop right out at ya! Great reviews, I think the j45 kills that j200 and hummingbird tone wise, although I am gassing bad for both a j200(in rosewood) and a hummingbird (in quilted maple)

Archived