Gibson Brands Forums

Gas: How do you spell relief?

G-I-B-S-O-N J-35. Well boys and girls, I tripped the trigger today on the J-35 and can't wait until it shows up (Monday or Tuesday) and I will have to let it thaw out for a day or two, so hopefully I will be strumming by Wednesday or Thursday. It feels like Christmas. I have a check up at Mayo Clinic tomorrow, so if all goes well, I will use the Gibby to celebrate my good health. [biggrin]

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spell relief, SWEETWATER SOUND! About any GAS I get, and need to get relief Sweetwater Sound comes through for me. Their Guitar Gallery is a killer. [thumbup]:rolleyes:

Ya, I took advantage of their 36 month financing that is on until 3/17. They were very helpful and answered all my questions, the only thing that bothers me is that I couldn't try one out first.

Ya, I took advantage of their 36 month financing that is on until 3/17. They were very helpful and answered all my questions, the only thing that bothers me is that I couldn't try one out first.

Hands on is the best, but at least with the Guitar Gallery you can see what you like, or,…………… don't like. [thumbup]

G-I-B-S-O-N J-35. Well boys and girls, I tripped the trigger today on the J-35 and can't wait until it shows up (Monday or Tuesday) and I will have to let it thaw out for a day or two, so hopefully I will be strumming by Wednesday or Thursday. It feels like Christmas. I have a check up at Mayo Clinic tomorrow, so if all goes well, I will use the Gibby to celebrate my good health. [biggrin]

Man, what a nice guitar. Hope all goes well at the Mayo and you can spend several hours / days / weeks / years with your new friend.

My GAS resolution usually involves a trip to eBay and GuitarGuitar. I have a £20 bid in on an Epi Les Paul standard that the owner has done a lot of mods to. Kind of an impulse bid - I didn't and still don't expect to win. But the auction closes soon and I'm still the top bidder. Hmmmmmm.

looks like there's a lot of this (GAS) going around today...

Someone open a window!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice SCORE...

Dang that Sweetwater,, they get to us every time! [woot]

I hit it too for a Amer. Stand. Strat. How can you beat the terms??????

Fender usually doesn't do these long term promos, where as Gbby seems to do this much more often.

where I've been wanting a "Fresh" strat,, I couldn't resist......

and don't worry about not playing it first... if there's any problems, SW is very good about taking care of things.

it will be a hassle... but it wont be a problem if there's anything you are not happy with

Let us know the outcome (both with Mayo and the guitar) Good luck in both.

Sorry, off topic, but what is a Mayo Clinic. My imagination is running riot.

Mayo Clinic is one of the countries (U.S.) leading hospitals for treatments of all sorts of diseases.

Right up there with places like John Hopkins, Mass General in Boston etc..

Doug is in good hands if he's in with that crowd.

Man, what a nice guitar. Hope all goes well at the Mayo and you can spend several hours / days / weeks / years with your new friend.

My GAS resolution usually involves a trip to eBay and GuitarGuitar. I have a £20 bid in on an Epi Les Paul standard that the owner has done a lot of mods to. Kind of an impulse bid - I didn't and still don't expect to win. But the auction closes soon and I'm still the top bidder. Hmmmmmm.

Good Luck with your bid. All went well at my check up. Thank, God. [biggrin]

looks like there's a lot of this (GAS) going around today...

Someone open a window!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice SCORE...

Dang that Sweetwater,, they get to us every time! [woot]

I hit it too for a Amer. Stand. Strat. How can you beat the terms??????

Fender usually doesn't do these long term promos, where as Gbby seems to do this much more often.

where I've been wanting a "Fresh" strat,, I couldn't resist......

and don't worry about not playing it first... if there's any problems, SW is very good about taking care of things.

it will be a hassle... but it wont be a problem if there's anything you are not happy with

Let us know the outcome (both with Mayo and the guitar) Good luck in both.

Thanks, KB. All went well at the Mayo Clinic. My guitar shipped today, and I am tracking its delivery progress. I have had about 5 conversations with Sweetwater Sales Engineering and so far, am impressed, but proof will be in the pudding. Good luck with your Strat. Sounds like we are going to be having fun with all this GAS. [biggrin]

Sorry, off topic, but what is a Mayo Clinic. My imagination is running riot.

Farnsbarns, the Mayo Clinic isn't a Mayonnaise store. [laugh] I am from Minnesota and am lucky enough to be able to go to the Mayo Health System Clinics. My home town of Kiester, MN has a population of 501 souls and yet, we have a Mayo Clinic in town. The Mayo Clinic Health System started in Rochester, MN and is one of the finest medical centers in the U.S. In fact people from all over the world fly into Rochester to get check ups, or treatments or transplants, etc. Two years ago I had a Blood Marrow Transplant to treat my Lymphoma and so I go back every so many months and have a PET (Photon Emission Tomography)/CT Scan and monitor my health. I've got to stay healthy to play this new J-35 of mine. It would kind of piss me off if I kicked the bucket before I had a chance to learn how to play this thing right. [smile]

Hi Doug,

very glad to here that your visit @MC went well. I'm sure everyone here feels the same way. (That's the thing about this forum)

My brother in-law has been in remission for almost 10 years now. (Lymphoma)

My wife had bladder cancer (at a very young age due to genetics), she's been cancer free since 2009.

(Her brother passed at 36 almost 20 years ago now he had the defect too, he was the first one, no one knew till then, we miss him everyday still....)

Staying 10 steps ahead of these things is the way to go. Thank God for the miracle workers at these clinics and hospitals.

best to you and have an EXCELLENT day,

enjoy that "J"!!

/Ray

P,

The checkup was great and thanks for the comment. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of this sweet thing. [biggrin]

Well, congrats on the relief regarding your health. I guess the next thing to take care about will be your J-35's neck relief [biggrin]

Doug...

I think you made a point I wish others might hear a bit.

Not to go overboard, but any of us might croak at any time.

I figure in my case, I will be gone within 10-15 years or less and frankly, will be forgotten prior to that event. <grin>

It could happen tomorrow going to the grocery store for the youngest among us.

So... I don't think one should throw away or ignore other of life's priorities.

But if any of us suffers from GAS and that new guitar brings the kind of joy one doesn't get from a new carpet or whatever, why not?

Pickin' is in a sense a zen thing. It brings an unfocused focus to both being and nothingness that clears the mind and de-stresses the body as a whole. That intrinsic value is true whether one has a talent of "1" on a scale of 1 to 100, or if one is at 99. As for the value to others... that'll vary. But I think we owe ourselves the value to ourselves of pickin'.

G.A.S Relief?! Well, I'm at the point now, that G.A.S. is pretty easy to control.

I won't say I don't get a bit, now and then. But, after my last big splurge

(My SG's), I just have to look at what I already have, and ask myself, what

of them, am I willing to let go, to get whatever it is, I (think)I'm lusting for.

Usually, the answer is None! I've traded or sold, all the ones that I could let

go of, without much remorse. And, I have more than I can play, regularly, now. [blush]

So... [unsure]

I do think one should get anything that you really, and truly want, or need.

But, there's something about simplicity, and being really well aquainted with

one or two guitars, that are played constantly, that's really great, too.

But, whatever floats your boat! [biggrin]

CB

how do you spell relief?

"Plop plop fizz fizz"

I don't know,, does the gas ever leave???

I just deal with it.

I have a lottery list of gas to fulfill but the reality is I have what I need

so I don't really pay much attention to gas anymore.

I don't think I will ever complete the want.

But I have pretty much fulfilled the need.

At least my wife thinks I have.

Hi Doug,

very glad to here that your visit @MC went well. I'm sure everyone here feels the same way. (That's the thing about this forum)

My brother in-law has been in remission for almost 10 years now. (Lymphoma)

My wife had bladder cancer (at a very young age due to genetics), she's been cancer free since 2009.

(Her brother passed at 36 almost 20 years ago now he had the defect too, he was the first one, no one knew till then, we miss him everyday still....)

Staying 10 steps ahead of these things is the way to go. Thank God for the miracle workers at these clinics and hospitals.

best to you and have an EXCELLENT day,

enjoy that "J"!!

/Ray

Thanks, Ray. UPS tells me that it is in Illinois, can't wait. [woot]

how do you spell relief?

"Plop plop fizz fizz"

I don't know,, does the gas ever leave???

I just deal with it.

I have a lottery list of gas to fulfill but the reality is I have what I need

so I don't really pay much attention to gas anymore.

I don't think I will ever complete the want.

But I have pretty much fulfilled the need.

At least my wife thinks I have.

Q, My wife thinks I have about 3 too many now. If my gas pains come about every 10 years or so, I will be too old the next time to remember what it was I was looking for. LOL [biggrin]

I was looking for a J-35 a few months ago and nobody had one.

I ended up spending more than I wanted to on a J-45 Custom.

Congrats and enjoy for many years!!!

Thanks, Bob. I almost pulled the trigger on a J-45 instead of the J-35, I know from playing a J-45 years ago, how good they sound and play, but from the demos I saw, the J-35 caught my attention. I certainly am going to enjoy playing it until I can't play anymore. [biggrin]

Archived