Gibson Brands Forums

Focusritte recording bundle?

GibsonMOJO

Hi all, I'm very new too recording, mostly use my iPhone 5 too record some practice sessions , been pretty helpful in making me a better guitar player

I'm now ready to try recording my own music and I'm wondering if this is a good starting point? I'm Very new to recording and I'm looking for something easy too use and not too expensive, I'd like to get everything I need for under 500$ ( extra mic, monitors ) I think that's all I'd need to purchase extra after the package?

Anyone have experience with the focusrite bundle?

Am I headed in the right direction?

Your help is greatly appreciated!!

Some people use them. I never have. It does not have MIDI on it. Always pros and cons according to some people.

Go a little with the reviews for it, but actually all I could say is that is more beginner's type audio/interface, but then a person can spend a lot of money for different equipment depending.

http://www.sweetwate...ail/ScarlettStu

(It may fall apart quicker than more expensive gear - sooner - maybe only last 3 years instead of 5 years whatever- I guess it depends, but then it is what a person has for the budget. also to spend). Some people may treat equipment worse than others also as in being clumsy or stuff like that.

That all has been related by other people and since I have not used one that is all a person could go by - what other people say about it.

Sorry if it is not much of an answer.

I check out drivers for it at the manufacturer's website especially if you have an OS like Windows 8 or 8.1 to make sure those work good. Windows 7 probably not a problem, but drivers are very important to have it work correctly with the computer.

Then people will say that headphones are not the thing to mix on and to use powered monitors probably with an 8" woofer and tweeter, but then I use both or even computer speakers, and that is about all I am going to do.

Thousands of dollars can be spent on all this kind of equipment and for some people I guess they do.

Oh, perhaps you can go here and find out more - Low End Theory:

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/

Added:

I take these as actual users reviews.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/reviews/688894-focusrite-scarlett-2i2.html

• 8 months later...

I just bought the 2i2 interface. I did a lot of research and found the mic pre-amps are a lot better than presonus or other brands near that price range. I was on the phone with sweet water and ready to buy a more expensive unit and they recommended this one . And he was one of the recording "experts"

Hi all, I'm very new too recording, mostly use my iPhone 5 too record some practice sessions , been pretty helpful in making me a better guitar player

I'm now ready to try recording my own music and I'm wondering if this is a good starting point? I'm Very new to recording and I'm looking for something easy too use and not too expensive, I'd like to get everything I need for under 500$ ( extra mic, monitors ) I think that's all I'd need to purchase extra after the package?

which bundle are you referring to? I've seen several from Focusrite. personally, I think a good starting point for you would be to call Sweetwater, tell them your budget and see what they put together. the only reason I mention them is I've done business with them going on 15 years and have never had a bad experience (other than buying too much gear!!). When I first put together my studio, they helped me pick out everything from rack screws to microphones.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

You can just plug right into the input jack on your CPU using a 1/4" - 1/8" adapter/adaptor.

Just download the software bundle or go for the trial.

Archived