Gibson Brands Forums

Government Series II Explorer

the dog

This will be delivered to Sam Ash in New Haven on Friday for me.It is coming from Atlanta

Friday is NGD.

Sweet... nice choice there man.. Of the Government series I thought the SG and LP looked a bit bland in that colour but I kinda liked it on the V and Explorer..

And that's a real limited edition you got too with some of that confiscated wood :)

Let us know how she plays and sounds [thumbup]

Sweet... nice choice there man.. Of the Government series I thought the SG and LP looked a bit bland in that colour but I kinda liked it on the V and Explorer..

And that's a real limited edition you got too with some of that confiscated wood :)

Let us know how she plays and sounds [thumbup]

Interestingly the pictures show the Government Series II Les Paul without pickguard, but those I've seen had a pickguard with the bald eagle hoisting a guitar neck and the "Government Series" ribbon hotstamped in gold, like Explorers, Flying Vs and SGs do.

Interestingly the pictures show the Government Series II Les Paul without pickguard, but those I've seen had a pickguard with the bald eagle hoisting a guitar neck and the "Government Series" ribbon hotstamped in gold, like Explorers, Flying Vs and SGs do.

Hmm, that's weird that... Probably that's what changes the look so much... Youd think they would advertise it with the pickguard, surely that's a feature of that model :-k (one of the main features really :))

Hmm, that's weird that... Probably that's what changes the look so much... Youd think they would advertise it with the pickguard, surely that's a feature of that model :-k (one of the main features really :))

[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

There is a Les Paul on Ebay and it looks like pick guard is your choice if you want to mount it or not.

There is a Les Paul on Ebay and it looks like pick guard is your choice if you want to mount it or not.

The Government Series Les Paul guitars appear to be the first I would deliberately drill holes and mount the pickguard. [biggrin][thumbup]

It's Friday and I picked up my Explorer. Wow!!!

Those Dirty Fingers+ are awesome.

I was able to get Sam Ash to knock $125.00 off because of some scratches where it would rest on your leg if you are sitting.

I really like the tonal difference between neck and bridge pups.

Much more difference than my Sig T Les Paul with classic 57s.

The guitar case is huge!!!

I'm a happy camper.

Here are pictures of my three electric guitars. [thumbup]

DSCN0638Medium_zpsa1a2c350.jpg

Congrats, HP, HNGD! [thumbup]

The Dirty Fingers+ are great indeed. I was very surprised when I got my Government Series II Explorer how nicely they match the tone in all the three toggle switch positions. They prove the nice tonal abilities of wood and construction also when playing clean sounds. This guitar is suited for jazz as well as blues and rock'n'roll in my opinion.

Can confirm the huge case thing, too. It exceeds the Gibson EB long scale bass case in every dimension and weight. The weight is more due to case than instrument obviously. The Explorer itself is not as heavy as I would have expected. Mine is 3.6 kgs or 6.9 lbs, not too much for thickness and size I think. I also like the nice balance and the convenient position of the right forearm.

Have fun with your nice catch, mate! [thumbup]

• 2 weeks later...

Archived