Gibson Brands Forums

Batteries

Mezzamort

I just got a New 2nd off the internet( DR 500 MCE ) and when I use it through my amp it burns trough bateries 3 sets in 3 weeks not counting the orginall set any tell me if that is normal as far as using just tuner it is fine but otherwise I have to say I Love this Guitar ! Thank you ahead of time for your support Jessie

I just got a New 2nd off the internet( DR 500 MCE ) and when I use it through my amp it burns trough bateries 3 sets in 3 weeks not counting the orginall set any tell me if that is normal as far as using just tuner it is fine but otherwise I have to say I Love this Guitar ! Thank you ahead of time for your support Jessie

Hi Jessie. Congratulations! You have one great guitar for sure! Masterbilt guitars are one of the best there is. I have a DR-500MCE also, and let me say that its tone has to be heard to be believed. Four star tone even when backed against any other guitar in the world. The Masterbilt is the very best product Epiphone ever put out. About your batteries... First make sure you are using the correct batteries. The batteries to be used are two (3 volt #2032 coin type batteries) ..The batteries are designed to last about 120 hours....and the "low battery light indicator" will come on about 40 minutes before battery failure. Also make sure you are not accidentally leaving the tuner in the on position when you put it away, as that will eat up the batteries...shut it off immediately after tuning your guitar, so that there are no lights on after tuning, and particularly during play..the tuner MUST be OFF for output to occur....Also remember to UNPLUG your guitar when not playing for hours, as this too (being permanently plugged in) eats battery energy, and the input will remain active as long as it is plugged into the base of your guitar, even if you are not playing it. Also, you must change BOTH batteries when you change them, or the one battery which is weaker, will suck the energy out of the other..killing both. ...again.. VERY IMPORTANT..please note that if you do leave the tuner in the ON position while playing, there will be NO OUTPUT, it will not play... till you shut the tuner OFF! ....The Esonic system is designed that way. Good luck, and please let us know how this works out for you. If none of these things solve the problem, then there is likely a short in the pre-amp system which would need to be tended to. ...GL

Hi Jessie. Congratulations! You have one great guitar for sure! Masterbilt guitars are one of the best there is. I have a DR-500MCE also, and let me say that its tone has to be heard to be believed. Four star tone even when backed against any other guitar in the world. The Masterbilt is the very best product Epiphone ever put out. About your batteries... First make sure you are using the correct batteries. The batteries to be used are two (3 volt #2032 coin type batteries) ..The batteries are designed to last about 120 hours....and the "low battery light indicator" will come on about 40 minutes before battery failure. Also make sure you are not accidentally leaving the tuner in the on position when you put it away, as that will eat up the batteries...shut it off immediately after tuning your guitar, so that there are no lights on after tuning, and particularly during play..the tuner MUST be OFF for output to occur....Also the book says to UNPLUG your guitar when not playing for hours, as this too (being permanently plugged in) eats some energy. Also, you must change BOTH batteries when you change them, or the one battery which is weaker, will suck the energy out of the other..killing both. ...again.. VERY IMPORTANT..please note that if you do leave the tuner in the ON position while playing, there will be NO OUTPUT, it will not play... till you shut the tuner OFF! ....The Esonic system is designed that way. Good luck, and please let us know how this works out for you. If none of these things solve the problem, then there is likely a short in the pre-amp system which would need to be tended to. ...GL

Leaving the guitar plugged in will drain the same power as during playing (tuner off). All common active guitar and bass circuitries operate in Class A mode for best performance. Any Class A circuit will draw the same current with or without signal since this is part of the Class A principle.

I also have the natural finish dr500mce and its amazing. I unplug when not playing and use a clip on tuner my batteries are the same it came with almost 6 months ago. The point being every little bit helps in conserving batteries.

Congrats on the guitar and enjoy as much as I do

I'd just like to mention that, if you search online (eBay, etc) you can usually pick up CR2032 batteries at around £9.00 for a 100 which will last a lifetime.

Archived