Gibson Brands Forums

Need a case for my LP with a Bigsy…help.

jeff737jeff727

I just installed a Bigsby B7 on my '78 Les Paul Deluxe. Now I need a case that will fit the guitar with the extra height of the Bigsby. I don't need a Gibson brand case, in fact the '70s chain saw case that I have will NOT work unless I force the case closed….not ideal. Any suggestions? Thanks

I just installed a Bigsby B7 on my '78 Les Paul Deluxe. Now I need a case that will fit the guitar with the extra height of the Bigsby. I don't need a Gibson brand case, in fact the '70s chain saw case that I have will NOT work unless I force the case closed….not ideal. Any suggestions? Thanks

you can't swing the arm around so it's pointing towards the back of the case?

not enough room???

My ES135 fits ok like that..

Just for reference:

The TKL OEM case for an LP is the "25" series; 7825, 8825, 8925, 9125, pick your price level. You could test fit a case from a new LP at a local music store to see how the TKL will fit with your Bigsby.

I have a 2001 Classic Plus with a Vibramate and a B7. It has the brown case with the pink "Les Paul cozy" and fits just fine. I imagine any Gibson case from that era or newer would work. Can't vouch for aftermarket brands.

On this basis; can I assume that the black & silver logo case that my 2013 LP Traditional Pro II came in, will accommodate a Bigsby B7 with Vibramate V7 with ease?

It's a serious consideration; I love the Les Paul, and I love having access to a tremolo unit.

Plus; a Les Paul with a Bigsby, IMO, looks badass B)

• 2 weeks later...

Let us know how it goes!

I've been looking at the B7 & V7 set this morning; itching to reach for the credit card, but the sensible brain is telling me to save for my holiday later this year!

• 2 weeks later...

I installed a Bigsby B7 on my 2013 Les Paul Standard using the Vibramate V7-LP mounting kit in June 2013.

I have no problem fitting it in the stock case that came with the guitar if I swing the arm all the way back. I don't even have to force it.

And in review...... The installation was as easy as Vibramate describes. I spent about 40 minutes on the project, including a string change and fretboard conditioning. It's now been 10 months since the installation and I've got a lot of playing time in with this guitar. To be honest I am not a whammy fanatic - and use it infrequently - but I do like the occasional wiggle. I've been very happy with the guitar, Bigsby, and Vibramate. I give it an A+ on quality and ease of installation. I have not noticed a major decrease in sustain and the tone still is beautiful. Tuning stability is still more of a challenge with a Bigsby, but that is to be expected.

post-64890-089058100 1398123989_thumb.jpg

post-64890-093909000 1398124000_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived