Gibson Brands Forums

My 1968 Johnny Smith after the restoration

AlanC

Looks Great, nice guitar! [thumbup] I met Johnny Smith, several times, back in the late 1960's.

Very nice man, and phenomenal player! He owned a little music store, on 8th Street, in Colorado

Springs, that I used to visit, when I was out there, visiting my Aunt and cousins. When he was in,

he always had interesting stories, and was very helpful to me, when I was a much younger player.

My cousin was a photographer (still is, actually), and did the photos, for one of Johnny's Album covers.

CB

Looks Great, nice guitar! [thumbup] I met Johnny Smith, several times, back in the late 1960's.

Very nice man, and phenomenal player! He owned a little music store, on 8th Street, in Colorado

Springs, that I used to visit, when I was out there, visiting my Aunt and cousins. When he was in,

he always had interesting stories, and was very helpful to me, when I was a much younger player.

My cousin was a photographer (still is, actually), and did the photos, for one of Johnny's Album covers.

CB

Lucky you Charlie. To have met Johnny Smith would have have been a real honour. I've always really admired Johnny Smith and have luv'd the way he played. In particular his version of 'What are you doing for the rest of your life' has been one one of my all time fave songs.

Lucky you Charlie. To have met Johnny Smith would have have been a real honour. I've always really admired Johnny Smith and have luv'd the way he played. In particular his version of 'What are you doing for the rest of your life' has been one one of my all time fave songs.

Yes, he was a "Gem," in every way! [thumbup][biggrin]

CB

Archived