Gibson Brands Forums

new spots on Signature T

the dog

These spots just showed up. I was looking guitar over on Sunday and I noticed them.

I bought it from Sweetwater and sent them pictures.

Their guitar tech said something to the effect of wood gassing and getting between wood and finish.

They would like Gibson to look at it. They offered to assist me with Gibson.

Anybody have an opinion on this? I don't really feel like sending it to them

4marks_zpsced40aab.jpg

mark_zpsede04788.jpg

These spots just showed up. I was looking guitar over on Sunday and I noticed them.

I bought it from Sweetwater and sent them pictures.

Their guitar tech said something to the effect of wood gassing and getting between wood and finish.

They would like Gibson to look at it. They offered to assist me with Gibson.

Anybody have an opinion on this? I don't really feel like sending it to them

4marks_zpsced40aab.jpg

mark_zpsede04788.jpg

Yeah, but that's something that shouldn't happen, especially this soon! [scared][unsure]

I'd send it back, have them either replace it, or refinish it!

CB

Sweetwater wants me to send it back.

They sent me a return authorization number and they will be sending it back to Gibson.

About 4 to 6 weeks in shop time.

Thanks for your help.

Wow, I read this last night and really felt for you as I also own a sig T. So I am preparing for my usual Friday night jam at the house and I'm pulling out my guitars and decide maybe i'll check mine out too. I have one spot identical to yours. unbelievable. I have to put on the original pieces now and also take mine in tomorrow……...

• 2 weeks later...

I just received an RMA from Gibson.

Sweetwater will be sending guitar to Gibson.

When Gibson evaluates guitar and takes corrective action it will be shipped to my address directly from Gibson.

I will keep you updated.

When Gibson evaluates guitar and takes corrective action it will be shipped to my address directly from Gibson.

I will keep you updated.

Good luck for everything going your way. I look forward to an update from you.

I will keep you updated.

Agreed. I hope it works out for you. I have had my sig t in at my dealer for over two weeks now. They say there guy needs to look at it to verify that it wasn't me that mistreated the guitar. I even showed them your post on here. I will certainly be anxious to hear what happens with yours.

Agreed. I hope it works out for you. I have had my sig t in at my dealer for over two weeks now. They say there guy needs to look at it to verify that it wasn't me that mistreated the guitar. I even showed them your post on here. I will certainly be anxious to hear what happens with yours.

I finally received word today that my Sig T was checked over by the tech at Long and Mcquade. He confirmed that in his opinion this resulted from the factory sealant process. He couldn't find any evidence of the guitar being misused or stored incorrectly ( that's because I store it in its case if not in my hands)

He sent pictures to gibson who replyed. "Warranty does not include any defects the finishing". He proceeded to both sympathize and explain that in the US it's very easy to have companies like GC and sweet water just send them back with ease. Because I'm in Canada, Long and Mcquade does deal directly with Gibson as there is no direct rep. That part really seems like a non issue to me. Gibson is considered leaders in the market so I don't understand why a middle man cannot then mediate this issue.

So. Now I've got to handle this myself. I don't like to be that guy who complains on the forum , and I can only Gibson will address this similar to how they handled yours hpharley90. There is actually one more spot now since I checked it in to long and mcquade , further justifying the case. I've purchased 6 Gibson's in just over one year and after the paint flaw on my 225 I really hope the big guy stand by their product.

I finally received word today that my Sig T was checked over by the tech at Long and Mcquade. He confirmed that in his opinion this resulted from the factory sealant process. He couldn't find any evidence of the guitar being misused or stored incorrectly ( that's because I store it in its case if not in my hands)

He sent pictures to gibson who replyed. "Warranty does not include any defects the finishing". He proceeded to both sympathize and explain that in the US it's very easy to have companies like GC and sweet water just send them back with ease. Because I'm in Canada, Long and Mcquade does deal directly with Gibson as there is no direct rep. That part really seems like a non issue to me. Gibson is considered leaders in the market so I don't understand why a middle man cannot then mediate this issue.

So. Now I've got to handle this myself. I don't like to be that guy who complains on the forum , and I can only Gibson will address this similar to how they handled yours hpharley90. There is actually one more spot now since I checked it in to long and mcquade , further justifying the case. I've purchased 6 Gibson's in just over one year and after the paint flaw on my 225 I really hope the big guy stand by their product.

I hope it all will work out for you.

I don't even know what is going on with mine. Thursday the 17th will be three weeks to the day I shipped to Sweetwater.

I called Gibson service yesterday and gave the person that answered the phone my RMA number.

He said my name and I replied that's me. I proceeded to ask if if I would be able to get a status update.

He couldn't tell me anything yet.

He didn't think it was signed in because there was nothing on my file yet.He told me to call back next Thursday.

By then something should be in my file.

So that's where I'm at now.

On a different note.

I just sent in my registration last week for my new Explorer.

I was reading the warranty and it states "Cracking,discoloration or damage of any sort to the finish or plating for any reason is NOT covered by warranty."

• 2 weeks later...

I just got off the phone with Gibson customer service.

They said they will be replacing guitar and will ship next week. [thumbup]

This is very good to hear. I'm glad they are taking care of you. Gibson emailed me yesterday and told me I had to contact Yorkville sound the international dealer for Canada as they do not handle warranty concerns in Canada. Placed phone calls only to get a voicemail. Onto phase 4 and contact Yorkville. I love my sig t. Sure hope this gets sorted out soon.

They dont make a Signature T anymore what are you getting?

Hmm.... :-k

I'm assuming I'm getting a T. Nothing was asked or said to me about no Ts.

My thought was they have all the parts.

Just put one together.I'm sure they can dig up a T truss rod cover. :lol:

I will have to wait and see what happens.

Good question though.

Great news!

The rep for Gibson in Canada contacted me today and has inquired with Gibson USA regarding the guitar being sent to Gibson for repairs!!!

Good for you...You being in Canada it might take a little longer but at least it's moving along.

As far as repairs I would think it would be replaced like mine.I'm happy for you.

Keep us updated.

Anyway I'll post pics of my new one next week when I get it.

I hope it looks good.

I'm a little worried because my first one I bought I had a pick of 5 goldtops.

I picked the one that the wood on the back looked best to me.

Now I'm just getting whatever one they want to send to me.

Good for you...You being in Canada it might take a little longer but at least it's moving along.

As far as repairs I would think it would be replaced like mine.I'm happy for you.

Keep us updated.

Anyway I'll post pics of my new one next week when I get it.

I hope it looks good.

I'm a little worried because my first one I bought I had a pick of 5 goldtops.

I picked the one that the wood on the back looked best to me.

Now I'm just getting whatever one they want to send to me.

Yeah it's really difficult holding on to her not knowing if they will replace her or repair her. I'm pretty attached to it and you don't know what your really going to get having never played or seen your replacement before. the unknown is a little unnerving. I But as you said yes I'm relived it's moving forward.

I can't wait to see your pictures. I'm living vicariously through you right now!

My new Sig T arrived today!!!

A quick look at and looks fine.There were brand new strings on it and I brought them in tune.

I check intonation. Perfect.

I really like the action also.

So I plugged it in and before I new it 2 hours had past.I'm enjoying playing it.

These new Gibson strings really dirtied up my finger tips.

Right now I like it better than my other T. I like the neck near the nut better.

And I think this guitar has a 1 piece back.

My other guitar had a 2 piece.

This here is a picture of each guitar back.(old and new)

And the front of the new guitar. I already removed truss rod T.

DSCN0522_zpsa1a14fc7.jpg

DSCN0769_zps651baab4.jpg

1pieceback_zpsce0104bd.jpg

DSCN0774_zpsba3200d0.jpg

A quick look at and looks fine.There were brand new strings on it and I brought them in tune.

So I plugged it in and before I new it 2 hours had past.I'm enjoying playing it.

Right now I like it better than my other T. I like the neck near the nut better.

Wow! Congrats !

Very cool that you enjoy the LP more than you did the last. All the best with this one!

DSCN0522_zpsa1a14fc7.jpg

DSCN0769_zps651baab4.jpg

1pieceback_zpsce0104bd.jpg

DSCN0774_zpsba3200d0.jpg

Wow! Congrats !

Very cool that you enjoy the LP more than you did the last. All the best with this one!

Congrats, HP, nice guitar, glad you like it! [thumbup]

You're right with the back. Most Gibson USA Les Paul guitars may have one or two piece bodies.

By the way, I'm with you, and like you and Donny I also would replace the "Deutsche Telekom T" truss rod cover. However, I generally like blank TRCs over hotstamped, inked or engraved ones. Swapped them on all Gibsons it applied to. B)

Archived