Gibson Brands Forums

Music Man Sterling 4

Kelvinator

Went to the local music store today and played the MM Sterling I've been eyeing. 2 humbuckers, active, 4 or 5 position switch, ash body & maple neck; a very nice bass. I played it through an Ampeg combo, and to my relief - I didn't love it! HA! It just didn't compare to my LP or Double Cut, So I'm a happy guy. It's nice to love what you already have. msp_thumbup.gif

It 's good to do that, if nothing else you know first hand what you play now is Aces. I never had the MM bite, even when Leo was there. G&L is another story. Those are tough to not like. USA made or Tribute series. (Indonesian made) All of the Tributes go through G&L CA for inspection, and setup. [thumbup]

Went to the local music store today and played the MM Sterling I've been eyeing. 2 humbuckers, active, 4 or 5 position switch, ash body & maple neck; a very nice bass. I played it through an Ampeg combo, and to my relief - I didn't love it! HA! It just didn't compare to my LP or Double Cut, So I'm a happy guy. It's nice to love what you already have. msp_thumbup.gif

Good for you K!!! At this point, never settle for anything. It's got to blow your doors off right out of the gate, and be at least as good as what you got. Not necessarily the same, but speaking to you big time. I have a 94 Sterling I bought new right after they came out. I must say the neck is superb - the same profile as the 62 Jazz I had. Once I gutted it and dropped in a Lane Poor/OBP-3 it reached the "top 3 to have when you're stuck on a desert island list". But you shouldn't have to do that to anything new - too many choices to be had.

Loving what you already have is important. This does not, however, negate the roving eye of G.A.S. Right?[wink][thumbup]

Hey, I'm shopping ALL the time! (if only in spirit)

Loving what you already have is important. This does not, however, negate the roving eye of G.A.S. Right?[wink][thumbup]

Hey, I'm shopping ALL the time! (if only in spirit)

Ha! It never stops. Last night I went to hear a friend's band. He just got a new Lakland 5 string & man did it sound great! So of course I'll have to try one...eusa_wall.gif

Archived