Gibson Brands Forums

Unknown Gibson acoustic archtop

Kennleik

Hi

My name is Kenneth. I'm 34 years old and I live in Northern Norway. A few years ago I inherited an old acoustic Gibson, the guitar that I learn to play on when I was 8 years old.

I have tried for a long time to find out what kind of gibson it is and how much it is worth, but I cant find anything similar to it on the web...

I would greatly appreciate if somebody could help me with this. I have attached some images of the guitar.

Some facts: I think it was purchased around 1940's. The tuning pegs is not the original. There is no numbers or tags anywhere (I have at least not found anything yet)

So if anybody have any idea, please let me know. Thank you in advance.

By the way, the sound of the guitar is amazing... :)

post-64396-019128400 1396250191_thumb.jpg

post-64396-055699100 1396250196_thumb.jpg

post-64396-056838500 1396250201_thumb.jpg

post-64396-021672900 1396250207_thumb.jpg

Not knowing anything about you´r guitar, i´ll say, try the dentist mirror trick and look inside the top for markings and with light for markings anywhere inside the body!

BTW, the Guitar looks stunning, envy is the word :-)

I am sorry, but that is not actually a Gibson. The only thing that would point to that would be the name on it (easily faked). none of the features match a Gibson and they all match many low budget fakes. (the way the neck is set, the nut, the headstock shape, fake flame on the sides, not truss rod or even sign of maple strip, etc). Sorry man!

Archived