Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson factory store

brotherchris

Yes, and Yes.

The Memphis plant tour is interesting (no tours at Nashville), and the guitars in the "gift shop" were ridiculously priced (probably full retail), but... you do get to play whatever's on the rack. I did buy a ball cap (for a friend), a coffee mug for the wife, and a pair of boxer shorts for myself.

Well that is disappointing to hear, do they have salesmen there? Do you think they would deal with you?

No. At least, at the two other great American makers that I have been to they don't, I would assume that for the same reasons Gibson won't. Generally speaking, MSRP - 20% + local sales tax. No deals, they make guitars there, they don't sell them. At Fedner I was offered guitars right off the floor, but at MSRP + tax + shipping to my home, couldn't take them out of there with me.

rct

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys,

Just back from Memphis, took the tour, it was pretty good. Bought a new firebird in the guitar shop at the factory. It was a 2013 so they gave me $400 off. All the prices were pretty much the same as Guitar Center or anywhere else. Only gave $1300 for the bird, they also shipped to my house for $20 and since I was out of state I didn’t have to pay sales tax. Sales people were very helpful. They even gave me a free shirt. All in all a great trip. NGD!!!

Chris

Hey Guys,

Just back from Memphis, took the tour, it was pretty good. Bought a new firebird in the guitar shop at the factory. It was a 2013 so they gave me $400 off. All the prices were pretty much the same as Guitar Center or anywhere else. Only gave $1300 for the bird, they also shipped to my house for $20 and since I was out of state I didn’t have to pay sales tax. Sales people were very helpful. They even gave me a free shirt. All in all a great trip. NGD!!!

Chris

Hey good for you man... [thumbup] congrats....do you have any pics?

Archived