Gibson Brands Forums

ES-335 with Mesa Boogie Express 5:25 1x10

tlwwalker

I have owned a 2010 ES-335 Satin Black guitar for four years now. It is a joy to play. I have been hunting for the right amp for that whole time. I just got a used Mesa Boogie Express 5:25 1x10 and my search is now complete. The versatility of the guitar plus the versatility of the amp covers a huge range of music types. The sincerity of the tones from the all tube amp - without use of pedals (except footswitch) - are simple & genuine. The sound goes from sparkle clean to screaming dirty across its four modes. Each mode overlaps the other by increasing or decreasing the gain. The gain has a great affect on the tone but only a small effect on the volume. Its volume easily keeps up with drummer/bass/keyboard & two other guitars & 4 vocals in our six piece band. Best part is that it makes me want to practice & play even more.

I am very pleased by this guitar/amplifier setup.

I have owned a 2010 ES-335 Satin Black guitar for four years now. It is a joy to play. I have been hunting for the right amp for that whole time. I just got a used Mesa Boogie Express 5:25 1x10 and my search is now complete. The versatility of the guitar plus the versatility of the amp covers a huge range of music types. The sincerity of the tones from the all tube amp - without use of pedals (except footswitch) - are simple & genuine. The sound goes from sparkle clean to screaming dirty across its four modes. Each mode overlaps the other by increasing or decreasing the gain. The gain has a great affect on the tone but only a small effect on the volume. Its volume easily keeps up with drummer/bass/keyboard & two other guitars & 4 vocals in our six piece band. Best part is that it makes me want to practice & play even more.

I am very pleased by this guitar/amplifier setup.

Throughout the '90's I played several ES-355's or a Lucille through a Mesa Boogie Mark IV stack. It sounded great and was very versatile.

From '92:

Boogie001_zpsb2b1ff07.jpg

Danny W.

Archived