Gibson Brands Forums

Do I trade ???

Levism

I have a line on a Line 6 spider IV 75 amp like new and a 2004 maple top fender show master for my 70s tribute SG from last year. I need an amp right now and the line 6 is sort of what I'm looking for my home/ practice.

Thoughts??

I have a line on a Line 6 spider IV 75 amp like new and a 2004 maple top fender show master for my 70s tribute SG from last year. I need an amp right now and the line 6 is sort of what I'm looking for my home/ practice.

Thoughts??

Depends on if you really need 2 SG's.

Well Here's what I know

Fender is a 2004 with a FMT. Two Semour Duncan humbuckers with a five way switch and coil splitting. Hardware is a smokey chrome with locking tuners. Basswood or Mohogany( Not sure yet) body with a set maple neck (Not bolt on). It is made in Korea and in near mint condition.

Line 6 Spider IV 75 watt. purchased in Jan and in great condition.

My SG is mint and comes with a hard case.

I have an older Line 6 II 110 watt. My SGJ sounds absolutely awesome with it. My 2003 Fender MIM Stratocaster SSS sounds great on one of the cleans but I really have to play with all the other settings to get a good sound from the Fender. The presets suck with the Fender, sound great with the SGJ. I can get the Fender to sound good but it took some work. Same Fender sounds great with the Vox DA5 presets. I had the same problem with a Squier Classic Vibe 60's Stratocaster which has some awesome vintage Alnico single coils so I think the Line 6 just isn't for Fenders. Not sure if the Line IV has the exact same modelling but this may be the reason the person wants to trade.

Archived