Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Hummingbird Custom Quilted Maple

JAMES2295

[Hello, I have a 2006 Gibson Hummingbird Quilted Maple with a COA which states it was 1 of 20 made from Gibson Custom Shop, can anyone help me with this Guitar. Does anyone have one of these Quilted Maple Hummingbird..... Requesting HELP

Hello, I have a 2006 Gibson Hummingbird Quilted Maple with a COA which states it was 1 of 20 made from Gibson Custom Shop, can anyone help me with this Guitar.

For some reason this is the only pic I could post. It is a quilted Maple and the tag inside say Gibson Custom Shop. Does anyone know about these special runs? Any help would be appreciated.

For some reason this is the only pic I could post. It is a quilted Maple and the tag inside say Gibson Custom Shop. Does anyone know about these special runs? Any help would be appreciated.

Can anyone help me with info on my 2006 Gibson Hummingbird Custom Quit. The COA says it is a 1 of 20 made in 2006 however when I called Gibson they had no record of the ser# I would appreciate any help anyone could offer.

Your Hummingbird looks Nice.... as for the 1 of 20 Custom Shop labeled ... dont be offended when I say... they made 20 with a signed piece of paper... they made 200 more with a Custom shop logo on the back of the peg head.. and the Custom shop died in the mid 90s.. so its a production run Guitar with a sales tactic to get you to buy a beautiful Guitar.. I like quilted backed Guitars... it Nice wood...

Your Hummingbird looks Nice.... as for the 1 of 20 Custom Shop labeled ... dont be offended when I say... they made 20 with a signed piece of paper... they made 200 more with a Custom shop logo on the back of the peg head.. and the Custom shop died in the mid 90s.. so its a production run Guitar with a sales tactic to get you to buy a beautiful Guitar.. I like quilted backed Guitars... it Nice wood...

Ok.... So do you think it could be a fake? So actually... If it is real, then what you are saying that there is no difference the any other Maple Hummingbird... Is that right?

Ok.... So do you think it could be a fake? So actually... If it is real, then what you are saying that there is no difference the any other Maple Hummingbird... Is that right?

Its a Real Hummingbird... the burst almost looks like a Ice tea color.. as for differences.. I dont think to much... I just sold a non Numbered Maple quilt HB.. same color, but a standard QM HB label..

1396742379[/url]' post='1506521']

Its a Real Hummingbird... the burst almost looks like a Ice tea color.. as for differences.. I dont think to much... I just sold a non Numbered Maple quilt HB.. same color, but a standard QM HB label..

Thanks, could I ask what you sold it for? Does the COA mean anything?

Hi... I believe when Gibson starts a New item Eg; the Quilted Bird..

Eg; 2006... its big news.. so they do a run of 20 with paper work and a Fancy label.. in the mean time,, well you have bought one and they have sold the rest to dealers.. they could run that model till the oreders are done, it admist all the other guitars being built.. then in 2008 they decide to build more with out the numbered label paper and certificate,, but a custom shop label on the back of the headstock, .. thats the model I had .. they have done this to every gibson flattop guitar.. I believe it was around 2500.00 I sold mine for..

So ,, having 1 of anything is in a numbered batch , is decieving when they keep building the same thing at speratic times in and out of a 30 year period..

Hi... I believe when Gibson starts a New item Eg; the Quilted Bird..

Eg; 2006... its big news.. so they do a run of 20 with paper work and a Fancy label.. in the mean time,, well you have bought one and they have sold the rest to dealers.. they could run that model till the oreders are done, it admist all the other guitars being built.. then in 2008 they decide to build more with out the numbered label paper and certificate,, but a custom shop label on the back of the headstock, .. thats the model I had .. they have done this to every gibson flattop guitar.. I believe it was around 2500.00 I sold mine for..

So ,, having 1 of anything is in a numbered batch , is decieving when they keep building the same thing at speratic times in and out of a 30 year period..

Thank you very much for the info, I found it strange that tey would have no record of a guitar's Ser# they built!! Nevertheless, I am thankful I didn't buy a fake.... Thank very much!

I called Gibson again.... They requested photo's which I sent them. My biggest question is... How does Gibson not have a record of a Guitar they said was a Custom Guitar and a Limited Run. I was told that the COA with the 1 of 20 made is only a SALES pitch to get you to buy the Guitar a almost double the price of the same Guitar but without the COA... I own a 1969 Hummingbird and although it's a totally different Guitar sound, I still should get what I paid for. If anyone has one of these Maple Quilts or has had one that was a Limited Run or Custom Shop Hummingbird I'd really like to hear your thoughts. If anyone was any advice I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

I called Gibson again.... They requested photo's which I sent them. My biggest question is... How does Gibson not have a record of a Guitar they said was a Custom Guitar and a Limited Run. I was told that the COA with the 1 of 20 made is only a SALES pitch to get you to buy the Guitar a almost double the price of the same Guitar but without the COA... I own a 1969 Hummingbird and although it's a totally different Guitar sound, I still should get what I paid for. If anyone has one of these Maple Quilts or has had one that was a Limited Run or Custom Shop Hummingbird I'd really like to hear your thoughts. If anyone was any advice I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Phone Gibson Montana and ask for Robi Johns,... hopefully he will talk to you.. hes a good guy... Im surprized the Gibson team here dosent chime in more often around here, after all this is a Gibson Forum...

• 3 weeks later...
1397010955[/url]' post='1507741']

Phone Gibson Montana and ask for Robi Johns,... hopefully he will talk to you.. hes a good guy... Im surprized the Gibson team here dosent chime in more often around here, after all this is a Gibson Forum...

Hello, Finally spoke to Robi Johns, they confirmed my Gibson Hummingbird Custom was the 2nd made of 20 in 2006, it was to honor the 1960 Hummingbird, they were made for Specially selected Dealers. So at least I know the history of my Hummingbird, he even went a step further and put it all in writing. Thanks for all your help and for hooking me up with Robi.....

Archived