Gibson Brands Forums

Can someone tell me...

Zeppeholic

This may be way off the reservation, but I was just sent a photo of a Les Paul with an "F" hole in it. Beautiful flamed top... but the "F" hole ruined it. Perhaps this is a custom guitar?????????????????

No, that is what used to be called a "Les Paul Florentine", I think Gibson calls it something else now.

Guest Farnsbarns

Can someone tell my why Gibson isn't taking special/custom orders right now? They're really losing some customers as well as good business...

Because they are too busy to offer a reasonable lead time.

Guest Farnsbarns

Special order as in;

Ex.

3-pickup BB with bigsby

Custom Finish

Custom specs

Custom, as in, custom to me. Or custom, as in custom to you. Custom/Special order.

[glare]

Err.... What?

What if I want a special finish or model that Gibson makes but won't make a series (like the 1960 LPC with 3 pickups and bigsby, which I can't find anywhere)

What if I have a dream guitar I want Gibson to make for me, or just a cool Les Paul in a special-ordered finish?

I'm trying to show you guys that if Gibson took special one-off orders again it'd make a lot of people happy, or at least the certainty of special ordering a guitar from them would probably make a ton of people save up to have their own, special and unique Gibson

I ordered an ES-350t in faded cherry with a single alnico in the neck position with a 24 3/4" scale length a few years ago as a special order. Took about 10 months for the build. This was at a time when Gibson really appeared to care about their customers. I was able to speak with the builders in the Custom shop on an almost daily basis. The guitar came out really stupendous. Sadly I have not bought anything from Gibson since as to be frank their quality control AND prices are correspondingly iffy and incredibly expensive now. jim in Maine currently working in Denver,Colorado

I ordered an ES-350t in faded cherry with a single alnico in the neck position with a 24 3/4" scale length a few years ago as a special order. Took about 10 months for the build. This was at a time when Gibson really appeared to care about their customers. I was able to speak with the builders in the Custom shop on an almost daily basis. The guitar came out really stupendous. Sadly I have not bought anything from Gibson since as to be frank their quality control AND prices are correspondingly iffy and incredibly expensive now. jim in Maine currently working in Denver,Colorado

Ah, I live in Colorado. I agree that Gibson's prices are iffy, they've gone up a little bit I noticed. The quality isn't that great, the only place I see that has the best quality is all the Custom Shop guitars, CS guitars have amazing quality, especially the Les Pauls and ES models.

Why can't we have Custom Shop quality for half their MSRP? I want a '59 burst or '60 burst VOS as my workhorse and not a collectable as Gibson seems to deem them. Collector's guitars for the working musician!

• 2 months later...

Archived