Gibson Brands Forums

l48 case

kmsmith86

A 16" archtop is a pretty common size for various mfg's, so a new case should not be too hard to find.

As TKL cases can be bought very reasonably from dealers (on-line, mail order, local), I would call (800#) or e-mail TKL to see what specific model number cases they make to fit that guitar. Then you can contact various retailers with that model number for price and availability.

I believe the L-48 is the same size as an L-50, which is a much more common guitar, so you may get better recognition and understanding when asking about an L-50 case.

A 16" archtop is a pretty common size for various mfg's, so a new case should not be too hard to find.

As TKL cases can be bought very reasonably from dealers (on-line, mail order, local), I would call (800#) or e-mail TKL to see what specific model number cases they make to fit that guitar. Then you can contact various retailers with that model number for price and availability.

I believe the L-48 is the same size as an L-50, which is a much more common guitar, so you may get better recognition and understanding when asking about an L-50 case.

Thank you Larry! I tried posting pics but cant figure it out.

KM...

There's an easy way to upload a pix or two if you know much about the photos' file sizes.

Just keep 'em under about 100 kilobytes and then, when you make a comment to the forum, "attach" the file using the "attachments" options at the lower left under the write/edit window.

I think there's still a total 500K max for all attachments.

There are other ways to do it, but that may be the easiest.

BTW, Larry's pretty much "the" archtop guru here, and any comment made should be looked at as a guarantee.

m

Now that I see Milo chime in, it made me wonder....

I believe a 175 and an L-48 are the same body size, and therefore would fit in the same case. If you can't get any info from TKL, try going to a local shop that has a 175 and give the case a test fit.

Archived