Gibson Brands Forums

gibson m-III

lolo_guitar

hello

have you tried the gibson m-III 2013?

i want to know if the neck position is close to a les paul sound or to an ibanez js

Have one at my house (long story), but I'm too much of a newb to do a good comparison. Would pics help? If so, let me know and I"ll take some for you.

• 4 weeks later...

Have one at my house (long story), but I'm too much of a newb to do a good comparison. Would pics help? If so, let me know and I"ll take some for you.

I'd love to see any pics you have of this interesting guitar.

I've never seen one in person but am very intrigued by the design.

It appears to be a very versatile performer and looks great in my opinion.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Sorry to hash up this old thread but do you guys know if Gibson has started remaking these again. I still see it on the website. I saw it last time but it used to say no longer available. Does not say that now. I just saw it so I will call them when they open up tomorrow but I thought I would try and ask here. I have been looking for the Orange model for awhile now. I have the other 3 colors.

• 3 years later...
Hope these will be reissued once again in the near future. I missed the one below.

Considering Gibson's recent bankruptcy and their push to dump the newer lines in favor of their proven core products, I would say the chances of this model being resurrected is ... asymptotically approaching zero.

The vertical axis represents the % chance of Gibson resurrecting the M-III

The horizontal axis represents the number of seconds since midnight 01/01/2019

blog_asymptote.gif

Considering Gibson's recent bankruptcy and their push to dump the newer lines in favor of their proven core products, I would say the chances of this model being resurrected is ... asymptotically approaching zero.

The vertical axis represents the % chance of Gibson resurrecting the M-III

The horizontal axis represents the number of seconds since midnight 01/01/2019

blog_asymptote.gif

If so, Gibson won't get my money. However, I do believe in miracles.

hi

i would like to know if the mahogany body gives to this guitar a sound like a les paul (a little bit) of definitively not

Never heard one so not 100% sure, but with no maple cap on the body, a maple neck, and dirty finger pick-ups I doubt it has a Les Paul type of tone. I would guess they were going for something that sounded completely different than a Les Paul. Just my guess.

Archived