Gibson Brands Forums

Wanting a case for my 2014 SG Special

DubfromGA

I'm waiting on my new 2014 SG Special to arrive at a local music shop sometime later this week or next.

I'm wanting to get a hard case for it even though I understand that it comes with a soft case.

I'be been using Gator gig bags for my other guitars and I'd feel better about keeping this new Gibson better protected. I have a feeling that this SG will be with me a long, long time as I'll always have a need for a lighter guitar with the features it has.

How is the fit on the Gibson Gear hard case?

Are there other types you'd recommend?

I'm partial to TKL cases, as they are the OEM supplier to Gibson for their cases. Generic versions (no "Gibson" logo) can be purchased at very reasonable prices from most retail stores (local or on-line). Every TKL case carries a four-digit model number. Once you determine the model number(s) that fit your guitar (good, better, best) and your budget, price and availability shopping is very easy.

A quick search of the TKL website seems to show the "26" model for the SG (7826, 8826). The 7826 seems to be selling from about $105 - $115 (Amazon/MF) with free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/TKL-7826-Style-Electric-Guitar/dp/B000EEJDPA

I'm partial to TKL cases, as they are the OEM supplier to Gibson for their cases. Generic versions (no "Gibson" logo) can be purchased at very reasonable prices from most retail stores (local or on-line). Every TKL case carries a four-digit model number. Once you determine the model number(s) that fit your guitar (good, better, best) and your budget, price and availability shopping is very easy.

A quick search of the TKL website seems to show the "26" model for the SG (7826, 8826). The 7826 seems to be selling from about $105 - $115 (Amazon/MF) with free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/TKL-7826-Style-Electric-Guitar/dp/B000EEJDPA

Thank you very much for your help.

That is excellent. Again, thanks.

• 1 month later...

Thank you very much for your help.

That is excellent. Again, thanks.

i needed a replacement case for my 1987 SG 61 reissue. i went to ebay and found a case for $40 brand new. it was an epi style case without the logo. logos can just attract thieves if you play out. i even bought an epi case when i got my 2014 LP studio. gibson cases are great but they aren't that much better than an epi case. you want a good case? then get an SKB 61. great case, weather resistant, airplane safe, and still cheaper than most gibson cases. these are just my opinions and what myself or someone i know use and seem to work fine.

post-65136-030985600 1400507618_thumb.jpg

Archived