Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

Dub-T-123

Cool guitar, congrats.

A friend bought one but sold it because he could not bond with the neck.

Thanks guys!

The neck on this is actually a big part of what sold me on it. As soon as I picked it up it felt really comfortable, a lot like my SG. The 660 has a wider fretboard than most other Rics (which are usually extra narrow).

The frets are smaller than the ones on my Tele or SG so that might be what turns some people off

Thanks guys! I'm going to try to take some better pics for you, I can't really record a good quality clip though

I'm really enjoying this guitar. Something as simple as striking out an open D chord sounds beautiful with this guitar. It's very resonant and clear sounding

Great guitar! Always liked the checkerboard binding. Nice finish. I play a Rick 620 Fireglo, same design. I love the feel, the playability & the slimness of the guitar. That 5th tone knob will really come in handy for tweaking your tone! Ricks are well designed & well made! ...Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta check in and say that this guitar is amazing! I've been so into playing it I've been learning lots of new music and getting better at guitar. The low frets seem to have improved my technique a bit because you have to be a little more precise to get a good sound

Every time I pick this guitar up I'm blown away. You guys should all get one

She's a beauty. Please post some sound samples once you make them.

Sure thing, dunno when that will be, but I'm going to build a little mic for my iPhone that can handle high SPL without clipping so maybe pretty soon

I got a Rode NT1 and NT1A but no interface or computer

Cookieman - thanks bud I'm already really enjoying it. Might need a 360/12 in the future :P

Archived